Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get the myAT&T app
K

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 14th, 2020 4:41 PM

Recently canceled Google Voice and now calls to my ATT number say it's disconnected?

I recently canceled a Google Voice number I didn't really use, but it had been set up to take all my voicemails. I got rid of the GV number but now when people call my actual ATT number, if I miss the call they will get an automated message saying my phone is disconnected. It's not -- I can still make and receive calls and everything else. What's going on?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 years ago

AT&T voicemail forwards all missed calls to a secondary number with AT&T. That voicemail box number is what’s missing from your phone. You will have to call AT&T and have them set up your voicemail box all over again.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.3K Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like your GV number is still being used for voicemail. You need to update your voicemail number.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It does seem that way, but how does one update the voicemail number? I have an iphone 6 and have looked all over it for that option.

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

see if it's forwarded. Since this is on an iphone it's not a home phone issue so I'm moving to wireless. 

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I used GVoice number with my ATT Apple mobile phone (Dual SIM card) -  I’ve visited the ATT store to get a new SIM card but that did not work

I deleted my GVoice but when people call my ATT number they get the message “We’re sorry - the Google Voice number has been forwarded too many times”

Please help as I have not been able to receive calls for a few months 

please help

(edited)

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like you need to contact Google voice 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Jhtate 

If you were having all of your AT&T phone calls automatically forwarded to your Google Voice number, now they go nowhere.  

You need to contact AT&T and make sure that your voicemail is set up, and that your calls are not being forwarded anywhere else.

This is the same as information that is in the solution post, for last year. 

(edited)

• 

159 Messages

2 years ago

Try Reset Network Settings.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

To see where your calls are forwarding now, dial *#61# 

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Got it thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.