Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
jamesspruell's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2017 12:57 AM

Phone number not working for over 50 hours

Tried to move a phone number from my home VOIP service to a business wireless phone.   They said it would take 24 hours to do the switch over and number would continue to work on the home VOIP phone until switch over was made.  Hour or two later the voip phone was dead and when number called caller got message "not a working number".  Wireless phone could make calls and both send and receive messages on the number that was being moved.    Called ATT service and they said that it would be up to 5 days before voice calls would be routed to wireless phone and VOIP should still work until then. The called number and saw it got "not a working number" message and said they could do nothing until the move was completed.   I would understand there being a delay if number was coming from old wired phone line but since all that should be required is router table updates from VOIP to wireless THE DELAY MAKES NO SENSE!  The person at the local AT&T store said that in the past they were able to update the router tables but the capability was taken away.  He said this now appears to happen every time a number is moved from VOIP to Wireless.

Makes me and others want to find a wireless company that cares about customer service. 

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.