For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
kafox15's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 11:50 PM

Moto X Pure HD Voice

When is AT&T going to support HD Voice on the Moto X Pure Edition? Both T-Mobile and Verizon support it for this phone, so why can't AT&T?

It has nothing to do with technical limitations since all they need to do is allow HD Voice on your phone and it will work. I feel they are just being greedy and are upset that they didn't get our money for the phone purchase and are just doing this to get back at us!

AT&T, stop being childish and enable HD Voice support for this phone. It's more tempting each and every day to switch to T-Mobile.

Thanks

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T does not use the standard VOLTE protocol that other carriers use. VOLTE on AT&T was engineered specifically for the network in a different manner. It's not adhering by Google's standard VOLTE setup.

Has nothing to do with greed either because non-AT&T iPhones can use HD Voice without any issue. It's just that the way it works on the AT&T network isn't an exact replica of the Google standard.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Why doesn't ATT use the standard protocol? What is the sense in doing that?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I can't answer that question because I don't know the answer why. There are a ton of services now tied to HD Voice such as NumberSync, AT&T Video Calling, WiFI calling (iPhones), etc. 

A standard set by the carrier can apply to any and all phones they certify. The certification process is important because they can test and ensure the services work properly. Nothing falls through the cracks. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

So when is ATT going to certify the moto x Pure?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Good question.  Your phone is not alone.  The Nexus 6p and 5x are under the same cloud.

I had my sim provisioned so I get consistent LTE, but no HD voice.

All I can do is keep nagging ATT

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Some of the most pure android phones in existence and they can't be bothered with HD Voice?

What do you mean when you say "consistent LTE"? I would like to do this for my phone and would like to know exactly what to ask for. 

Thanks

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Non AT&T phones don't get certified.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Well that needs to change. AT&T needs to do right by their customers and support these phones. They can support HD Voice on other Android phones so why can't they support it on non-ATT branded Android phones?

These phones (Moto X, Nexus devices) are the most pure form of Android available, so I do not believe that ATT is unable to certify these devices for HD Voice.

Thanks

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I understand the frustration but it just hasn't happened yet and it may never happen. Right now VOLTE will only work on branded AT&T devices and specific model iPhones that support it. That's it. Other people have mentioned FCC regulations and etc, etc. The issue is that VOLTE is not something that impedes or hinders the ability to make and receive calls, send SMS or use data. It does not affect the operation of the device in any way, just the type of connectivity it gets. The terms state that not all service may be available at all times and this applies to non-branded phones too. If it connects and you can send/rec calls and texts that is the extent of requirements for a non-branded phone.

I don't know why it isn't enabled for non-AT&T Android devices. It just isn't.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Ok, Then i'll just continue to contact support and complain until it is. We are still paying customers and deserve the same level of service given to customers who bought their phones through AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.