Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
NCaroon99's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 3, 2015 3:35 PM

Mobile Data Quick Setting Button

I recently bought a galaxy s6 edge and absolutely love it. But there is one BIGGGGGGGGG problem. NO STUPID FRIGGIN MOBILE DATA BUTTON. I have to go all the way into my settings for just a quick little button that could make everyones life so dam easy but no. all my friends wo have the same phone as me, but with different carriers have this really easy simple friggin button. So please, just help everyone out and put a mobile data quick setting button. 

Responses

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

There was a problem where samsung devices were losing those toggles and they came out with a fix. 1 was called quick panel restore the other was called fix-toggles.zip both fixes were put out by samsung. My att s6 didn't have any of the toggles affected but after this has all of the toggles.(mobile data, wifi hotspot, private mode)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Samsung new app for quick panel does not wrk!!!! Coworker has verizon phone and they have the data toggle!!!!!
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

6 y ago

if you notice ATT's setup menu is different than verizons also.  ATT asked for those toggles to be removed.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

I have an s6 and I have found a way to have the data toggle. Using numerous exclaimation points to indicate your upset with my answer doesn't help you. I used one other than quick panel restore. Try the fix-toggles.zip before getting irate. http://www.androidauthority.com/fix-missing-quick-toggles-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-617431/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Thats because they want us to go over our data. That way they get to take more of our money. I've tried everything possible...i have an s8 now and I had this same issue with my old s5. AT&T will not allow outside toggle switches from the play store to be used either.  Enough to make me want to switch to Verizon.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

86.1K Messages

4 y ago

@Amdosch wrote:

Thats because they want us to go over our data. That way they get to take more of our money. I've tried everything possible...i have an s8 now and I had this same issue with my old s5. AT&T will not allow outside toggle switches from the play store to be used either.  Enough to make me want to switch to Verizon.

How do you figure?  When every new plan has NO OVERAGE CHARGES.   

Your android phones are all capable of capping their own data.   In settings, connections, data usage,  then select mobile data usage.  Click settings gear.  Then turn on and set the data limit.  

BTW, the screen shot is from my S8, but the same feature is and has always been in every android phone since kit kat OS.  

11B277B7-406E-411B-980E-C580D1289EA9.png

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.