Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 4:28 PM

MF279 Phone Option

You have to have a phone line added to use this, even if you only want it for internet. It is difficult to find info on it unless you happen to be able to talk to a customer service agent who knows what it is. It works fine, but now I’m paying for a phone line as well - which I didn’t need and have NEVER used  Is there any WAY to unbundle the $240/Year Phone # portion???

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.2K Messages

a month ago

Probably not. That device was for the wireless home phone and internet plan, if I remember correctly. If so, you can’t unbundle that. As long as you have that plan, you pay for both home phone and internet. You might be able to switch to a data only plan which may or may not cost less.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

a month ago

As expert and timely as this one response was, I do not accept it as a solution, and I would like to see ATT Marketing "dig" into this bundled option and find a way to unbundle it.

Get started...

Ask a new question