Get the myAT&T app
DWC1's profile

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 1:16 PM

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My issue has been resolved and all I did was install the latest iOS update with carrier settings (34.0).

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

iOS 12.1.1 is close to being released and will bring with it a new release of carrier settings. It's a moving target and am skeptical stability will hold.  Let's see what happens. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

all 3 of our phones suddenly won't connect to WiFi calling.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My new IPhone XS on IOS 12would not keep a connection to the WiFi calling.I tried all the fixes recommended by Apple & ATT- but nothing worked. On my previous IPhone 6s on IOS 12 my WiFi calling connection worked for the last year. Prior to that I was using an ATT micro cell & it worked pretty good in most( but not all) of my house. Without WiFi cellular or the micro cell, I either had no service or 1 bar with a terrible unreliable  connection. I think that when I bought the IPhone XS 10 days ago the reason the WiFi connection kept dropping or not connecting is that the antenna on my new XS was much stronger than my 6s , so that the connection would drop off my WiFi connection onto the cellular connection, but in most of my house the cellular connection was still weak, so horrible unreliable service . But, it’s solved now. I re- installed my micro cell and I have 3-4 bars in my entire house now . Kept the WiFi calling on as a back up, but I don’t think it will ever come on again . While the micro cell cost $ to buy it, well worth having good cell service in my entire house.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

I was under the impression att favored WiFi calling and dropped support of microcell. 

As I’ve written elsewhere, if running a call where there’s a good chance 4G radio will take over and the call started on HD Voice, the call will drop. Not a very good switchover design. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had this same problem and solved it today. this does *not* seem to be an AT&T problem but, instead, has to do with the way that your wi-fi router is configured.  

you need to open ports 123, 443, 4500 and 500 -- done through configuring 'port forwarding' on your wi-fi router -- and allow those ports to pass to the specific AT&T device(s) that you want to use for wi-fi calling.  AT&T support gave me these port numbers and then I configured the appropriate information into my ASUS router (I have Comcast internet but don't use their wi-fi router) and it worked immediately.

good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.