Get the myAT&T app
DWC1's profile

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 1:16 PM

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I am having same problem on my 7plus and on my wife iphone x after upgrading to ios 12 wifi calling is not working.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I turned WiFi calling off then in again, plus updated my E911 address, and it works. 

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

6 years ago

Tried all of that and no luck for me.  There definitely seems to be a bug in iOS.   It should not have killed wifi calling like this.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I think I will hold off on upgrading to iOS 12. @DWC1 What I would try next is set the phone back to factory settings and see if you can activate WiFi calling before restoring the backup.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

After doing what I stated above I also power cycled the phone

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

If problem persists, and it is in fact a bug in iOS12, might be worthwhile cross-posting over on Apple's forum.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Kirk1233 wrote:

I turned WiFi calling off then in again, plus updated my E911 address, and it works. 

After my prior post, I checked my wife's iPhone 6 which was just updated to iOS12 and had gotten new carrier settings.  Lo and behold, Wifi Calling setting was in the off position.  When I turned it on, ATT WiFi would not activate.  I performed reset of network settings, then cycled the WiFi calling switch and eventually got WiFi calling to activate.  Unsure why it was necessary to go through  all these gyrations but at least it's working now.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I'm still having problems after contacting both Apple and ATT. Apparently some folks with ios 12 are having this problem and some aren't. I checked the ATT carrier settings on my phone and they were upgraded to 33.1 when I upgraded to ios 12. My partner at work has ios 12 on his iphone x, has no problems with wi-fi calling, but has carrier settings 33.0.   I wonder if that could be the issue. ATT support was going to check on this.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

@lbcolen

Can you confirm all steps taken that were posted here?  Reset network settings, ensure WiFi calling is set to on, toggle airplane mode.  From my experience, WiFi signal needs to be stronger than cellular signal for it to kick in.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

cellular data off/on (phone off/on, settings off/on), reset network setting, power off/on, hard reset off/on, wifi calling off/on, airplane mode on/wifi only, updated the e911 info (successfully updated the info but still no wifi calling)..

we've tried all combinations that we could think of.  
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.