Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get the myAT&T app
MadameMerle's profile

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Jul 1, 2022 3:40 PM

International Day Pass not Connecting to Internet

I have an iPhone 11 and the international Day Pass does not connect to the internet in France, Mexico or Guadeloupe. But the advertising says you can connect to the internet. Thanks!

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

1 分钟前

the day pass has nothing to do with your connection or service it just changes how your billed or what your charged 

• 

5 Messages

1 分钟前

Thank you for your response. But ATT says you can use your phone as you normally do, which suggests that I could use Safari, for example, or go to internet sites and use Google maps. I travelled with Verizon customers to Mexico and Guadeloupe and they had full functionality of their smart phones. I used to get an international plan with ATT that was similar~  it connected to one of the French cell providers- Orange or SFR and I used my phone as I do on the US. These options are no longer available and it seems Day Pass is much more limited. Thanks!

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.1K Messages

1 分钟前

Moving to the wireless forum, not sure that's the correct place or not, but it's not a home phone issue. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

1 分钟前

i dont know about Guadeloupe but mexico and canada are included free 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

1 分钟前

Do you have data roaming enabled? Data roaming must be on to connect to the internet and use data.

• 

5 Messages

1 分钟前

Yes, thanks- and cellular turned on for the browsers and a few apps.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

1 分钟前

Not just cellular data on, you need data roaming on too.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

1 分钟前

International day pass only limits how much you pay each day for service. It cannot force your phone to connect.

But you do need data roaming on, which is off by default.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

1 分钟前

@sandblaster

Perhaps you could provide the path through settings on an iPhone to find the data roaming switch. Apparently no one knows it's a thing.

Android

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

1 分钟前

Perhaps you could provide the path through settings on an iPhone to find the data roaming switch.

Sure, go to setting/cellular/cellular data option, set the data roaming switch to “on”.

• 

5 Messages

1 分钟前

Thank you~ data roaming has been on. I've talked to others and it does seem that the International Day Pass doesn't give as full functionality on the iPhone as the previous international options did (you could choose how much data you had, etc.). My solution isn't ideal: keep my US phone on so that people can get in touch with me and I can text, etc., but to also activate a French basic smartphone that I got a few years ago for accessing websites and using Google maps when I'm not on wifi. Thanks to everyone for your responses~ but I think this is just another example of consumers getting less for more.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

1 分钟前

again International Day Pass only determines what you pay while roaming internationally it has nothing to do with features or services

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

1 分钟前

@MadameMerleInternational Day Pass doesn't give as full functionality on the iPhone as the previous international options did

Not true. 

It does not prevent, or force your phone to work on another Network. All it does is control how much you pay.

But there is a setting on your phone and on your account which does prevent your phone from connecting. On your phone it's data roaming. On your account, the $0 travel pay per use must be enabled (checked ✔️) on each line traveling.     

Usually this is checked automatically whenever you add a roaming plan.  If it's not checked, it blocks all roaming. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.