For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
hbs123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 11th, 2015 1:51 PM

HTC M8 GPS Turning on automatically

I just upgraded (finally) to lolipop no my at&t HTC M8. Even before that I had the problem (like for many others) in which GPS signal kept on appearing although the GPS function was turned off. I discovered that it had to do with the "IQ Agent Service" that's under the android system. When I closed it, the GPS signal went off. 

However, now it seems that AT&T went a step beyond that. I literally see my GPS function being randomaly tunred on even after I turn it off all the time!! This is truly unacceptable and my battery is deing 3 times quicker that it did before that.

Any official AT&T response? I'd like a replacement phone or simply my money back. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @hbs123  Thanks for posting your concerns about your GPS. 

So we can get this resolved, Please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

A good alternate contact number for troubleshooting

The best date and time to contact you

Thanks!

Charise

Guru

• 

629 Messages

9 years ago

Funny thing is, HTC & ATT keep pointing the finger at each other in regards to this issue. I, honestly, believe the responsibility rests the heaviest with att here, but they won't do anything about it. [Edited to comply with Guidelines] or more customers voice their concern about this piece of "software."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yea the same issue has been going on with my m8, since 4.4.4... Tired of it and it's a shame I need to root a phone to get rid of a problem I shouldn't have... Not happy with att about this
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.