How to move data to your new phone - AT&T Community Solutions
Learn how to transfer your photos, texts, and more!
First off, congratulations on your new device! If you are like me, you want to move your pictures, videos, and data to your new phone. Most people may find it intimidating but not to worry, it is really easy. You'll find some apps and resources below that will help you move your memories to your new smartphone.
Easily move your memories and data
Moving data can be tricky and can take some time. As someone who has transferred data, I have learned how to quickly move data by moving data in segments. For example. when I move data, I will move basic files like contacts, messages, accounts, and apps in one go and the rest like images and video in another. In my experience, it cuts down the transfer time tremendously.
AT&T's Mobile Transfer App
Moving data from an Apple Device?
Or how about moving data from an Android?
Troubleshooting the apps
- If an app will not download or will not open try restarting your phone. If that does not work, you may need to reinstall the app
- Close out all the apps - there may be an app that is preventing the transfer app from opening
- Make sure you have enough space to download the app
- If you have any issues with the apps, please reach out to the app programmer.
Other Helpful Links
- Hacked Phone - Protect Your Device
- AT&T Call Protect - Screen & Report those annoying calls
- Misplace your device? - Find it
- Learn about your device and how to use it
- Wondering if your phone can handle the water?
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist