Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 2:55 AM

Does AT&T support WiFi calls for Pixel 3

I’m switching from an iPhone to an unlocked Pixel 3. I have no reception at my house, and just assumed (maybe naively) that WiFi calling was a giving with phones now.

So, does AT&T support WiFi calling on the Pixel 3?

Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a year ago

Yes they do but you need to give att the new IMEI of the phone.  The pixel 3 series is the only non branded phone to get it.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

a year ago

@CochleaDoc wrote:

Thank you! I was looking for a while and couldn’t get a straight answer.   Not surprised.  Users know stuff employees have no experience with.  

Most comments I’ve come across indicated people being unsure or that AT&A blocked this feature.  On other non carrier branded android it’s not available.  The pixel 3/3 xl is singular.  

Was this a recent change?  No.  The pixel 3/3 xl was enabled for WiFi calling within a few days of its release.  

Not having Wifi calling is a deal breaker for me bc of my nonexistent cell service at my house.   We own 2, 3 xl (my son and I).  Both worked without calling At&t or getting my IMEi added.  I just swapped my sim and set it up.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Thank you! I was looking for a while and couldn’t get a straight answer. Most comments I’ve come across indicated people being unsure or that AT&A blocked this feature. Was this a recent change? Not having Wifi calling is a deal breaker for me bc of my nonexistent cell service at my house. 

Get started...

Ask a new question