Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Get the myAT&T app
oddboy's profile

Tutor

 • 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 3:04 AM

can AT&T *delete* the eSIM profile on my Samsung s3 Frontier smart watch?

Hi,

 

I have a Samsung S3 Frontier LTE (SM-R765A) that I purchased from a friend in the USA and I'd like to use it with my local carrier here in Canada (with Rogers, if that matters).

 

the ICCID (and the IMEI for that matter) on the watch appears to be incompatible with Rogers.  However, their tech support (after many hours) told me that the original carrier (AT&T) may be able to delete the eSIM profile which would allow me to provision it on the Rogers network.

 

Is there any way to remove the eSIM profile from these watches?  I bought this one after doing some research into frequencies, bands, etc and the watch should be compatible.  the watch detects the Rogers network when I scan for Network Operators, but I'm unable to register.

 

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

 

Thanks,

 

Joel 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

 • 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago


@oddboy wrote:

Ok, so I can't find an option for voice and data for a wearable. 

 

It's also not clear to me if I can create an account or even pay for service at all if I don't have a US address.

 

Are there actually any options for me to use this watch?

 

This is all I could find... 

 

https://www.att.com/buy/wearables/samsung-galaxy-watch-46mm-silver.html

 

Thx, 

 

Joel


For wearables in the US you need a post paid plan and a phone plan also.  Its not going to work for you and I have no idea why ATTcares even mentioned it.

Community Support

 • 

232.8K Messages

5 years ago

Good morning @oddboy,

Thanks for your post. At this time AT&T branded wearables like your SM-R765A cannot be unlocked to use on Rogers in Canada.

You can still use the device with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth - or you can purchase an AT&T PREPAID plan with roaming in Canada as a work around. We encourage you to check out "Unlock a Gear S3 Frontier to use it in others countries" for additional information. 

Kenneth, AT&T Community Specialist

Tutor

 • 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks @ATTCares / Kenneth

 

can I just pick any of the prepaid plains or is there something specific for wearables?  Also, the prepaid pages seem to indicate that roaming may be at 2G speeds.  is that true?

 

thanks,

 

Joel

ACE - Expert

 • 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago


@ATTCares wrote:

Good morning @oddboy,

Thanks for your post. At this time AT&T branded wearables like your SM-R765A cannot be unlocked to use on Rogers in Canada.

You can still use the device with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth - or you can purchase an AT&T PREPAID plan with roaming in Canada as a work around. We encourage you to check out "Unlock a Gear S3 Frontier to use it in others countries" for additional information. 

Kenneth, AT&T Community Specialist


You cant purchase a ATT prepaid plan to work with a watch Kenneth....  Get your stories right...  @ATTKevin  can this post be amended.

Community Support

 • 

232.8K Messages

5 years ago

We're here to help, @oddboy

 

You cannot put a prepaid plan on a wearable. You would need to get a postpaid data plan for your watch. Check out our Data plan page to pick a plan that best fit your needs. Thank you.

 

Makaela, AT&T Community Specialist.

ACE - Sage

 • 

118.2K Messages

5 years ago

🤦‍♀️   

 

Tutor

 • 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, so I can't find an option for voice and data for a wearable. 

 

It's also not clear to me if I can create an account or even pay for service at all if I don't have a US address.

 

Are there actually any options for me to use this watch?

 

This is all I could find... 

 

https://www.att.com/buy/wearables/samsung-galaxy-watch-46mm-silver.html

 

Thx, 

 

Joel

Tutor

 • 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Awesome. I understand now. Thank you. 

 

I was wondering why the LTE version of the S3 watches are selling for less than the BT only ones, and I guess now I know. They're not "first class" devices, more of extensions of your phone.

 

Thanks to everyone who contributed! 

Former Employee

 • 

408 Messages

5 years ago


@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

You cant purchase a ATT prepaid plan to work with a watch Kenneth....  Get your stories right...  @ATTKevin  can this post be amended.


Hey @GLIMMERMAN76!

 

This is a tough one as I'm finding some conflicting information around if the eSim profile can be removed. I know on Apple Watches they can, but having a difficult time finding anything on the Samsung Gear. I've sent this over to the right folks (@ATTTimCS's team) to dig deeper into it as they're way smarter than me on this. Tim's team will update this thread once they explore the options.

 

Thanks for calling this out!

ACE - Expert

 • 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago


@ATTKevin wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

You cant purchase a ATT prepaid plan to work with a watch Kenneth....  Get your stories right...  @ATTKevin  can this post be amended.


Hey @GLIMMERMAN76!

 

This is a tough one as I'm finding some conflicting information around if the eSim profile can be removed. I know on Apple Watches they can, but having a difficult time finding anything on the Samsung Gear. I've sent this over to the right folks (@ATTTimCS's team) to dig deeper into it as they're way smarter than me on this. Tim's team will update this thread once they explore the options.

 

Thanks for calling this out!


@ATTKevin 

 

I was more taking about the prepaid plan stuff.  But yeah Samsung makes it hard to find info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.