Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get the myAT&T app
demecer's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 10:30 PM

Caller Name ID on Iphone

Does anyone know when caller Name ID for Iphone will be coming.   Currently live on Verizon and TMobile iphones, and At&T supports with some phones, but no iphone yet. 

This is a huge feature for me, as I use my phone for work, so most of the ppl calling are not in my phonebook.  Would love to see who it is so I can do a better job of screening my calls.

info on the service is here:

http://www.cequint.com/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

4年前

In case anyone is still checking this, I just discovered that AT&T now offers this for iPhone.  You need to get the AT&T Call Protect app and then subscribe to Call Protect Plus at $3.99 a month (interestingly this is billed through the iTunes Store rather than on my phone bill).  I'm now getting Caller ID with name (advertised as "Enhanced Caller ID") on my iPhone 8+.  AT&T states this will only work in an HD voice capable area, but I think that's most areas with LTE at this point.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7年前

Hi there! @demecer  Thanks for posting your questions. Unfortunately Caller Name ID is not available on the iPhone.  At this time we do not have a timeframe for availability of this feature.

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

I see that Verizon & T-Mobile now offer the enhanced caller ID from Cequint for the iPhone.  Is AT&T going to be offering it as well?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6年前

Any update? All the other carriers are offering on iPhone. Should I switch?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6年前

I would also like to know if there's any updates. I just had to give up my Note 7 for the second time and decided to switch to iPhone. I've already ordered my iPhone, and now I find out Caller Name ID is not available on iPhones with AT&T. Verizon and T-Mobile iPhones have Caller Name ID, but not AT&T. What gives? 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6年前

Clearly, it's a feature that AT&T hasn't implemented yet

(Is there really any explanation that would make you happy?)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6年前

Clearly you're great at pointing out the obvious, garylapointe. It would be nice to know if AT&T plans to offer this service, because it is very useful, especially if you're interested in screening your calls. The AT&T rep says there is not currently a timeframe for it's availability, but that's not the same as saying it won't happen. I, for one, hope they make it happen like other networks have.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

[Reply to garylapointe]

Wow, what an asshat.

cbwinnett obviously just wanted something a little more specific than what the AT&T rep said.  Is that OK with you?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Is there any update on when Caller ID NAME will be available on AT&T for iPhone?  Seems like AT&T is the only one not offering this feature.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

AT&T offers name and number display on their landlines, I know because I subscribe to it.  Since AT&T already has access to this name data it shouldn't be too terribly difficult for them to display it on their wireless network as well; they certainly wouldn't have to pay to access the database, since it would sorta be like PAYING THEMSELVES, right? In any event, I would pay for it in a heartbeat if it was offered for my iPhone. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

I would LOVE to have Name ID on the iPhone with AT&T. I ended up leaving AT&T because I reply on it so much. T-mo, Sprint, and Verizon offer it so why not AT&T? If they ever do offer it I'd come back. That's they only reason I left AT&T.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5年前

Just checked https://www.cequint.com/. AT&T uses their service for other phones. In fact new phones have been added. Still no iPhone.

Other carriers have it. It’s 2017 almost 2018. Seems like a needed feature these days. Especially in a global
Marketplace. Very disappointed we have been waiting this long and still don’t have something that seems rather basic these days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

This won't answer the overall question but may help people who wonder why it does not work on cell phone when ATT has caller ID for landlines.

(disclaimer this is what I remember when I worked for a cell phone carrier. It may not be perfect)

The way landlines work and mobile phones work is different. Landlines can send a longer ring single since the physical connection that is always there. The ring signal is shorter and less data for cellphones. Cell phones require your phone address book or a separate app to reference the caller number. The Caller Name ID app looks up the address using your internet connection.  That app has to be made to work with different phones. IPhone is a whole different app store so has to be programmed differently.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.