Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 2:45 AM

At&t secure family

Is there an app that is similar to the original at&t family map? 

I'm not happy with this new version "Secure Family ". I fact it stinks.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

My teenagers are refusing this Secure Family. I am cancelling this program and am in the market for a different way to track them. Family Map was fine and the kids were unaware I tracked them. Secure Family blew my cover!

AT&T FamilyMaps was never intended to be a way to spy on your kids without them knowing. If you want spyware, there are plenty of apps out there for you.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am not happy with the secure family. Family Map worked great. Secure family does not. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years, and if they don't resolve this, I likely will switch carriers. 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My teenagers are refusing this Secure Family. I am cancelling this program and am in the market for a different way to track them. Family Map was fine and the kids were unaware I tracked them. Secure Family blew my cover!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am cancelling the program as well. The whole reason I subscribed was to be able to monitor the safety of my family when I have access to a computer and not a cell phone. Also the after-implementation notification is aggravating. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

In reply to the comment "not a way to stalk your children" I'm sorry but until they are 18 I as a parent am entitled to do what is in the best interest and SAFETY for my kids however, I see fit!!!! This whole app stinks! it was GREAT now it is the worst out there...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Totally agree! I also had Smart Limits to control usage times.  My kids have deleted this new app.  Cover blown is right! 

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

In reply to the comment "not a way to stalk your children" I'm sorry but until they are 18 I as a parent am entitled to do what is in the best interest and SAFETY for my kids however, I see fit!!!! This whole app stinks! it was GREAT now it is the worst out there...

You can do whatever you want with your kids, but AT&T doesn't have to help. Like I said, AT&T isn't in the business of providing spyware. The original FamilyMaps app was intended to let the user know it was being tracked, because it would send a message to the phone to let the user know the phone is being tracked. The new Secure Family app is even more transparent. As I said, if you need an app that lets you track your kids without them knowing, look into actual spyware.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

You certainly are skilled at getting rid of your companies customers. Good
by!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I simply want a way to shut off their internet when they have gone over their agreed on usage of data. This new app allows you to do that as long as the kiddo doesn’t find a work around on their phone. The old app was simple and provided a “no argument” way of doing that. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Agree. Was great, now it stinks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I can't even get to the "it stinks" level, it won't paid on an iPhone XS Max, I installed, uninstalled, rebooted, tried everything. It will verify and a link says "Show me how to pair", when I click that, nothing happens. Waited a long time, and still nothing. 

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

I simply want a way to shut off their internet when they have gone over their agreed on usage of data.

You don't need the Secure Family app at all to turn off the data on a phone. Just go to att.com/myATTUsage. Select "Manage my data usage" in the Usage section below the graph. Toggle Data Off or On for the device you want to manage. Select Save.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/my-account/KM1022956

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

If you turn off the data with the myATT app, calls and texts still go through.

Somebody called my kid at nearly 3 in the morning last night. This is unacceptable, and I am not willing to have the daily power struggle of taking their phones every night. The Verizon app is not as good as Smart Limits, but at least it stops the calls and texts during restricted hours.

AT&T really blew it with this one.

BoHATL

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone who thinks parents aren’t entitled to parental control just doesn’t get it...

Bring back Smart Limits!  This new app is useless.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I had a free trial of AT&T Secure Family that started 11/16/18. I deleted the app and stopped using it within the first few days. My husband has been getting texts/messages from AT&T Secure Family saying that is phone is being tracked by me. What is going on and how can this be resolved?