Anon789's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jun 28, 2015 5:10 AM

AT&T Family Map & Smart Phones

[Subject edited for better exposure]Hi

I'm just wondering if the family plan app works only for smartphones. If not, does it also work for older versions like flip phones?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

7 y ago

http://www.att.com/shop/apps/familymap.html ( Link to more info)

Most smartphones and basic phones can be located with AT&T FamilyMap. However, prepaid and GoPhone® services are not supported.

Locating an iPhone? Every family member that uses an iPhone must download AT&T FamilyMap from the Apple iTunes App Store and keep it installed on their iPhone.

Note: If the family member you are locating has an Assisted GPS (A-GPS) device and is also subscribed to AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless™, there are times that the system will need to use alternative location technology to locate the device and will return a location with an accuracy of a few hundred yards or more. This will occur if the family member has reached their Browsing Limit or is in a Time-of-Day Restriction at the same time of day you are locating them.

I suggest you test a lot during trial. It seems to be sometimes unreliable on iPhones, but find my iPhone is very reliable.
It is the only way to track flip phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

7 y ago

Do you mean the Family Map?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Yes I meant the Family Map. Sorry about that. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.