For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
App Not Working - Solutions From AT&T Community Forums
If an app isn't working, try the following solutions:
- Force close the app and relaunch it.
- Reset the device.
- Delete cache in the app - varies on phone, browser or device operating system.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Download the latest software/ OS for your phone or tablet.
- Report/post a review in the app store - some programmers check it for feedback
- Restore your phone - you may lose pictures and other data if this is performed so make sure to back them up.
Did you download an app recently?
If you notice a particular app not working after installing or updating another app, there may be conflict. Try deleting or disabling them. Some 3rd Party Apps (non-AT&T apps) may not be optimized for the latest OS. AT&T does not control if or when these 3rd party apps will be updated.
If you're having issues after a firmware update, it can take time for the app developers to deploy a patch. We recommend posting feedback via the App Store. Please note, some OS updates may affect AT&T apps. Our teams address these issues as quickly as possible as with most developers.
Note: If the app is causing issues with your device, we recommend discontinuing use.
Rooted Or Jail-broken Devices
Most apps are defaulted to work with the latest OS. If you are using an app on a rooted device and you are experiencing problems, we highly recommend using the OS the phone came with/ designed for. Developers do not optimize their apps to run on Jailbroken devices.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.