App Not Working - Solutions From AT&T Community Forums
Learn why your app is not working, fixes, and how to report problems
Did you try to launch an app but nothing happened? Try our troubleshooting steps below:
- Connect to the mobile network - If you are Wi-Fi, disable it and try again. The app may need a direct connection to the AT&T Network
- Force close the app and relaunch it - varies on phone, browser, or device operating system
- Restart the device - You can find this information in your manual as well.
- Delete cache in the app - varies on phone, browser, or device operating system
- Uninstall and reinstall the app - varies on phone, browser, or device operating system
- Download the latest software/OS for your phone or tablet
- Test the App while in Safe Mode - On some models of phones, you can test while in Safe Mode
- Report/post a review in the app store - some programmers check it for feedback
Did you download an app recently?
If you notice a particular app not working after installing or updating another app, there may be a conflict. Try deleting or disabling them. Some 3rd Party Apps (non-AT&T apps) may not be optimized for the latest OS. AT&T does not control if or when these 3rd party apps will be updated.
If you're having issues after a firmware update, it can take time for the app developers to deploy a patch. We recommend posting feedback via the App Store. Please note, some OS updates may affect AT&T apps. Our teams address these issues as quickly as possible as with most developers.
Note: If the app is causing issues with your device, we recommend discontinuing use.
Rooted Or Jail-broken Devices
Most apps are defaulted to work with the latest OS. If you are using an app on a rooted device and you are experiencing problems, we highly recommend using the OS the phone came with/ designed for. AT&T and developers do not optimize their apps to run on Jailbroken devices.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.