The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Check Your Usage History
Fuzionz's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Mar 6, 2017 2:56 PM

Wireless Home Phone & Internet "Home Base" - Data Cap on Unlimited Plus Plan?

For the "Home Base" Wireless Home Phone & Internet Device ZTE Z700a.

If this is put on the Unlimited Plus plan, what is the LTE Data Cap?
Is it 22gb with a "soft cap" where they MAY deprioritize depending on network congestion OR is it 10gb with a "hard cap" (drops to 128kbps)

I've talked to numerous Customer Service Reps. and I get a different answer every time. They can't agree on 10 or 22, but they all say they know for fact what they're telling me is true.

The fine print for Unlimited Plus Plan makes it sound like the WHPI Device is excluded from 10gb cap

AT&T UNLIMITED PLUS: Includes the Stream Saver feature which allows you to save data on content it recognizes as video by streaming higher definition video in Standard Definition quality (about 480p) on compatible devices (unless the video provider has opted out). AT&T will activate the feature for you. Check your account online to see if the feature is active. Once active, you can turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myatt or call 611. Stream Saver will not recognize all video content. Ability to stream and video resolution may vary, and be affected by other factors. Restrictions apply. See att.com/streamsaver for more details. HD Video: You can turn Stream Saver off at any time to enjoy access to High Definition video streaming, if and when available. Tethering and Mobile Hotspot: Includes up to 10GB per line per month. After 10GB, tethering speed will be slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the bill cycle (except for these products: Connected Cars, Hot Spots, and Wireless Home Phone and Internet.). Except for those products, all tethering data usage, including sponsored data if tethered, will be impacted and will not be fully functional.

Has anyone actually bought a Home Base and reached the threshold on data yet with the new Unlimited Plus plan?
I think that's the only way to know for sure how they treat data on that device

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@Fuzionz I think it's the 22GB deprioritized "soft cap". 

After 10GB, tethering speed will be slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the bill cycle (except for these products: Connected Cars, Hot Spots, and Wireless Home Phone and Internet.).

It seems clear, at least to me, you fit in the except for category.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

That's how I read it too.

Seems like about 50/50 from customer service as to 22gb vs. 10gb.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone actual experience on this. It would help me lower bills by consolidating landline and dsl bill. 22gb would be do-able.

Want to be sure as I can't go back to a great deal on double data, 30gb.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@Fuzionz wrote:
That's how I read it too.

Seems like about 50/50 from customer service as to 22gb vs. 10gb.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone actual experience on this. It would help me lower bills by consolidating landline and dsl bill. 22gb would be do-able.

Want to be sure as I can't go back to a great deal on double data, 30gb.

The plan only started a week ago. The experiences are going to be pretty limited at this point.

In other spots around the internet, others have reported on the Unlimited PLUS plan that it's just like a hotspot, subject to deprioritization at 22GB (they went over 10GB to test it).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I figure customer reps.' knowledge will improve as time goes.

Today I talked to a guy who was confident it was 22gb for WHPI (Home Base).
He got with his manager to be sure & was assured 22gb is indeed the case. (I take that with a grain of salt for now).

My brother-in-law is getting this device with Unlimited Plus, starting March 14th. More people will know by then for fact, but I will update his experience here regardless.

Could you point me to forums where this topic is being discussed?

Thank You!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.