Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Nothing is broken?  Have you read all the comments from people saying they're going to leave at&t over this?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Feel free to join us over at the big V where group texting more than 10 is working jut fine. 

I used  AT&T(or Bell System) for 40+ years and had to switch because of this issue. From what I can tell, AT&T has conceded this issue is not worth fixing and has "no intent to fix". AT&T users, don't hold your breath waiting for a solution. 

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

How is this considered "solved" when the limit is still at 10? 

The real reasoning for this is not spam, its network congestion management. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I use AT&T Prepaid.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 3 that is specifically made for AT&T Prepaid, however, many of the features included on the phone do not work with AT&T Prepaid accounts.  Why are they there?  I hear that the are evaluating making features available for prepaid accounts, but when?  This issue with group texts limits has been going on for almost 5 years now.  I cannot use Advanced Messaging or WiFi calling because I have chosen to stay with AT&T all of these years.  These features are available with other prepaid carriers and they also don't limit multimedia messages to 10 recipients.  Well, I'm not waiting around anymore.  Consider this my goodbye letter AT&T.  I am leaving you forever and will never consider using or recommending any of your products or services again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Time to leave At&t. Bad customer service, spotty reception, cant group text, high prices, and unwilling to work with customers. Time to go back to Verizon.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When friends send out a group text of 10 or more the most grustrating thing is when I reply and send it says " WE'RE SORRY YOUR CARRIER ONLY LET'S YOU REPLY TO NO MORE THAN 10 RECIPIENTS!
Why is this like this however my boyfriend has At&t too and he can reply to the same 14 people group chat!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Cannot engage in text conversation with my book club because of ATT's stupid, unreasonable limit of 10 recipients. Will soon be in the market for a provider that actually cares about  customer service.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For the record MintMobile also has a 10-person limit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.