Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, meant to say please 🙂

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

dancinqueen, You have perfectly described the problem with AT&T users in a group message with Verizon users, If an At&T user responds to a group message with more than 10 users, it will start a new thread with only 10 users. Some are left out of the conversation and now the conversation is in 2 different threads.

The only solutions are switch to Verizon (the only carrier supporting group messages with more than 10 users) or switch everyone in the group to a group messaging app like WhatsApp.

I switched to Verizon about a year ago for this very same issue with a 15 user group and no regrets. We still have 1 At&T user and he can't respond to the group or it will split into multiple threads. 

As for At&t fixing this issue, don't hold your breath. At&t is totally ignoring this issue and has not responded to anything in this thread for years, They consider the issue closed any will not fix it. 

Move on to Verizon or get a messaging app like WhatsApp. 

Keep in mind, Verizon has a group limit also, but it's between 15-20. Most other carriers also have a limit of 10.

WhatsApp has a group limit of 256, but everyone needs to use that app. 

Good luck!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This is an old board so hope everyone has moved on happily... I still have this issue. I was just on the phone with Samsung and they said this were and Android limitation,  not the provider. First time in many years I am considering an iPhone. Or, any of you are iPhone users?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I clearly did not see the 2018 conversations when I posted mine. Dance mom chat is the reason I ran into this issue! What I did not know Is that ATT response creates multiple responses. I actually was unable to send a response today: when trying to hit "send", I got a message "network limit of 10 participants". That's when I called customer service (Samsung was on conference) and found out its an Android issue. Now I am more puzzled to find out it works with Verizon! Crazy!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

It is 100% and ATT issue. Your phone and android have no practical
limitation. Verizon's number is 15 or 20 with the same phones.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I have an iPhone, same issue. “It’s not a phone issue” it’s AT&T’s limitations. Version has a 20 Group message limit.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks...super bizarre that Samsung customer service on the phone told me it's their android update and no matter what model I go to, it's the phone and software. How strange.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It’s a carrier issue not a phone issue. AT&T limits the number of
recipients to 10.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

"employee contributor" discounting what many customers want. Typical ATT

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yep iPhone has same problem. It’s AT&T that sets the limit not the phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.