Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

LOL.

Busternutt wrote: "Actually it's not ATT's problem, it is yours. If you buy a car that only seats 5 adults when there are 7 of you, you can't demand the manufacturer to fix the "problem". You get a motel room with two beds, you can't demand the manager come up with a third bed. You signed up for wireless service with a text limit of 10. It is up to you to find a solution."

I've heard of comparing apples to oranges, but this is like comparing apples to space stations.  It's such a bad post, it's hilarous.  Keep up the good work, Busternutt.  LOL.  Wow.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

This is the 21st Century! Technology is awesome!! ATT should be able to keep up. Other companies have.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Incorrect.

When you purchase a car you look inside to see if it can fit your family.
In fact, car companies advertise how many can seat comfortably in your car.
AT&T goes out of their way to keep you in the dark about this archaic limit.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My husband and I started using AT&T when our now oldest child was 1, now we have 3 children and I have the need for texting up to 12 people at the same time in the same conversation.
I agree... I wouldn't complain to a manufacturer to add seats to a 5 passenger vehicle because I wouldn't even consider getting it. It currently doesn't fit my needs.
I wouldn't consider getting a hotel room with only 2 beds either, unless I got a connecting room for the kids. A room with only 2 beds currently doesn't fit my needs.
AT&T fit my needs at the time my husband and I signed up, but now it doesn't. My life has grown, evolved and moved forward. It's a shame that AT&T's business has not. I'm just waiting for all of our 5 iPhones to no longer be in a 2-year agreement so I can find a company that will fit my needs.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

After 13 years with AT&T, we just left to another carrier specifically over this issue. Farewell thou once great wireless provider. 😞

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Google Hangouts allows more than 10 recipients and is available for iPhone too. That's what I'm using now. It can go to those using the app, a cell number, or email address. I've been an AT&T customer 13 years too and going to stay. I'd like to see it changed, but it appears they are not going to change it. On my old Windows phone I could send to more than 10 people with AT&T. I don't know why the difference.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

You guys realize that this problem is losing ATT a lot of customers!!!!

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@ToSSeD wrote:

You guys realize that this problem is losing ATT a lot of customers!!!!

ATT's churn rate is amongst the lowest in the industry and holding steady. Even if we were to assume that every one of those customers is leaving because of the 10 text limit (which of course isn't true), it isn't hurting their bottom line.

I get that you want/need to be able to text more than 10 people. Work arounds have been suggested. If they don't work for you, feel free to change carriers. Do you continue to shop at a grocery store that doesn't stock products that you need after you've asked them to or do you shop elsewhere?

And yes, the comparison between buying a car that won't meet your needs and signing up for wireless service that won't either, is pertinent.

Churn.jpg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

You're right, most people would not continue to shop at that particular
grocery store. But a grocery store that cares about their customers will
also do everything they can to supply a demand, no matter how insignificant
it may seem to others. Stop trying to compare things to other examples.
This is now boiling down to just straight up ignorance toward customers.
People who work for AT&T themselves were in this thread telling us that we
basically have to deal with it. We shouldn't have to work around things. We
should expect one of the top two cell carriers in the US to at least align
with the competition.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

You've got your answer; continuing to argue won't change it. You are beginning to sound like kid who keeps asking "but why" after they have been told no.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.