Need your talk or text logs?
0214Fl's profile

Traveler

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 14th, 2015 8:40 PM

Closed

Why can't I tether with my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan?

Today, I called AT&T to setup a personal hotspot on my iphone. AT&T said I had to get an LIMITED DATA plan. I could not use the UNLIMITED DATA plan I had signed up with. I was told AT&T does not grandfather unlimited data for personal hotspots on my iphone. I asked for an email regarding AT&T not honoring UNLIMITED DATA plans. I have not recieved the email. It is not fair AT&T will not honor what I signed up for with them. What can I do to make AT&T honor their contract with for UNLIMITED DATA?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I really doubt that. If they could boot me off unlimited, they would. It may be a difference in VZ contracts vs. ATT

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

get lawyers involved & they will

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

MANCAVE001 wrote:
I really doubt that. If they could boot me off unlimited, they would. It may be a difference in VZ contracts vs. ATT

Honey, they will terminate your service, period.  

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatHappensIfMyServIsCancelled

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#dataPlusSmDataProSmPlans

FYI.  Anyone with Verizon unlimited data plan hasn't had a contract in 5 years.  And now ATT has stopped offering contracts.  A year and 2 weeks from now no ATT customer will have a contract either.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I new that a long time ago. But I do not have unlimited nor am I grandfathered. So whyou can't I (10 a month) tether

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I think u have someone else's plan. I done EVEN have unlimited. Nice to know who has stopped my access though.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

This is pointless

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Very good analogy. AT&T does whatever they want. If they weren't sued by the FCC you would be slowed down to the useless 2G Edge network after five gigabytes!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Jamie1 wrote:
I new that a long time ago. But I do not have unlimited nor am I grandfathered. So whyou can't I (10 a month) tether

@Jamie1   You have provided no information, so no one can provide an answer.  

What plan, what phone?   Not all plans and not all phones are compatible. 

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

6 years ago

The contract is for the purpose of getting discounted phones and having them warranted for the 2 years! This has absolutely nothing to do with your service, what ever service you have choosen should be a life time thing except for tiny raises and tax adjustment's! My parents pay exactly the same as they did in the 50s and have the identical service they ordered when IL, used letters as the first 3 numbers. The only difference is that ATT is not the only long distance company due to deregulation! And I think if you don't pick one and the caller has a different plan you get socked with charges that you don't want! So that is I think 2.00 extra+all your fees. And there phone bill is approximately 38.00 but of course there in there 80s and don't make long distance call's! And my younger sister and her husband have a business and my parents have apple phone's probably unlimited data? And my mother gives them 150.00 a year in case they went over. Now ATT wireless may not be the same company as the Landline is with all there subsidiaries and affiliates? But being a old switchboard family I'm pretty sure that's the deal! Contract on devices and warranty but since no more discounts no more contracts

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Newtoyou

This has has nothing to do with the topic.  

FYI ATT does not offer contracts anymore for consumer accounts.  And the warranty through the manufacturer is one year, not 2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.