Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
lordie

Scholar

• 

120 Messages

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 5:55 PM

what is net neutrality?

how does this law effects at&t service or what is the new law ? 

how does this affect ,cell data service ? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38.9K Messages

2 years ago

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites. There is no new law, what happened was the FCC repealed their rules that imposed net neutrality on all internet service providers. What this means is that any internet service provider, including ATT, could give preferential treatment to certain web sites or services. For example, Netflix could pay ATT to make their service work better than Hulu.

ATT has always stated they support net neutrality and did not need the FCC to impose any rules. Most internet providers have stated the same thing. So far, to my knowledge none of the internet providers have started violating any of those old rules, even though they could. Whether or not it stays that way, only time will tell.

lordie

Scholar

• 

120 Messages

2 years ago

thanks 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Now that the fcc repealed net neutrality do we have to start paying for everything like to access websites for example

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Mrgamer

No.  There was life and free internet access BEFORE NN and it will not change AFTER June 11.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question