AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need your talk or text logs?
slimsheep's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jun 22, 2019 4:38 AM

Walmart 17gig promo data not effective

Hi,

2019-06-22 00_36_56-Window.jpg

I recently signed up for the Walmart promo of 17 gig bonus data on 50 dollar plan. And in the promo terms, it is mentioned the 17 gig bonus data will be used before the 8gb plan data.  However, from the screenshot, the bonus data is not used at all. Not sure what is going on here?

1 Attachment

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

It also says the bonus data is not applied immediately. It takes up to 10 days for the initial month and up to 2 days each month after that, so your plan data would be used until the bonus data is applied. It could also mean ATT’s accounting system is messed up.

ACE - Sage

• 

102K Messages

3 years ago

Please re read the promo.  The base plan is used first. The 17 gigs of bonus data does NOT rollover.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-prepaid-walmart-exclusive-promo-25gb-for-40/

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

@lizdance40 https://www.att.com/prepaid/walmart-offer.html. I read it the same way the OP does:

Walmart $25GB for $50/mo: Available at Walmart In-store or Walmart.com only. Requires purchase of AT&T PREPAID phone & activation & payment on new line of service on $50 monthly plan. To receive 17GB of bonus data each month, you must remain on the $50 monthly plan and complete all requirements within 60 days of phone purchase. Once qualifications have been met, bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 10 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal. Multi-Line members are eligible. Bonus data is used before plan data and does not rollover. Not combinable with select other promotions and/or discounts.

ACE - Sage

• 

102K Messages

3 years ago

Great.  Inconsistent information.  Classic.  

And how about that line? “ bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 10 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal.”

That means for 2 days you have to use the base plan?   Then it switches over to use the bonus first?

Since it’s new, I’m going to predict complaints in a month or two when it turns out it’s wrong.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

That means for 2 days you have to use the base plan?   Then it switches over to use the bonus first?

That is what I would expect unless the accounting system is supposed to transfer any usage up until then to the bonus data. No chance that could go wrong, right? Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It took 3 days for the bouns data to show in the portal, and I guess it may take another 10 days to be effective. So confused about the promo wording.

ACE - Sage

• 

102K Messages

3 years ago

I guess we’ll know more in a month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.