AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need your talk or text logs?
GoogleUser1's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Apr 14, 2017 2:18 PM

VoLTE and HDVoice not supported for Google Pixel XL

My Questions is why is at&t the only provider that does not support VoLTE or HDVoice for non at&t branded Phones. I bought the Google Pixel XL from the google play store and a LG Sport Watch from at&t. I can not use at&t's NumberSync Service because they will not support my Pixel with VoLTE and HDVoice. I checked and if I bought the Google Pixel XL from the at&t store it would be supported. What is so different besides who I give my money to for the phone? I also checked with Verizon and they support those services even if you do not buy the phone through them. I checked with sprint and Tmobile as well and they are on the same page as Verizon. When will at&t catch up to their competitors because I know they are losing customers over this and I am soon to be one.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Gordonkling34 wrote:
Is Volte and HD voice still not working?? Look at this website at& my crater just for the pixel it makes it sound like all features are available now https://www.att.com/plans/google-pixel.html

Says nothing about Volte or WiFi Calling....

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

5 years ago

Still doesn't work. That page has been live for months.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just talked with At&T customer support and they seems to think that VoLTE and HD Voice are now supported for the Google Pixel. 

Here is the end of our conversation. I will try to get to an At&t store in the next few days and confirm this.

Chat.png

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

5 years ago

@GoogleUser1 Unless it's posted on the site or you see it working, I wouldn't believe it.  

Someone at AT&T used to keep a thread in forums updated, but I think they stopped at the end of last year.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

5 years ago

It's not supported. Chat is never ever right about anything. I put the sim from my s8+ into my pixel XL no hdvoice or volte.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 I agree, but have a followup.

To get WiFi calling the IMEI needs to match, doesn't it? It's not the same for hdvoice or volte? (I can see why it might not be the same.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.