Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thu, Feb 21, 2019 1:41 AM

VMware Horizon View and AT&T

I saw a few specific posts (regarding a certain model of hotspot), and posted in that thread, but then thought this should be a new topic not tied to a specific hotspot.

This is STILL an ongoing issue with AT&T wireless and connecting to VMware Horizon View services (NOT the initial connection to the server).

This is affecting me, in the greater Seattle area. It would be good to know if this is a regional firewall issue or a national one.

My employer uses VMware Horizon View for remote access to VM workstations and services.

I can connect to the Horizon View server, but as soon as I try to connect to a service or a VM desktop it always fails.

This IS AT&T blocking the tunnel/proxy/port(s). I have tried with both VMBlast and PCoIP protocols, and the same issue occurs if I try to use a web browser and the html5 option.

If I use a Verizon hotspot or my work phone on Verizon (Android Client for Horizon), I have no issues.

If I am using a Frontier DSL connection, I have no issues.

This is AT&T blocking the VM workstation/service tunnel/proxy/port(s). Either by a direct firewall deny policy or by not allowing the needed services/ports/applications in the firewalls that Horizon View requires. Funny how VMware and AT&T Business are supposed to be helping customers and businesses work, and then this happens.

This affects many people at work as well as vendors who use AT&T hotspots to connect to our resources.

I would be more than happy to work with a Network Engineer to resolve this issue.

I am hoping this will get escalated and I am contacted to work on the issue.

Thank you

Responses

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

Though I never received any response, someone obviously found the issue important enough to look into.

I have tested over the past 4 days and it is now working on both my mobile and hotspot setup.

Thanks to whomever resolved the issue, I can now get my work done remotely again.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

And here we are again, Friday and trying to log in to get some work done and AT&T is blocking VMware Horizon View AGAIN !

I can connect to the service but as soon as I try to connect to a VM, disconnects.

And once again, if I fire up my VERIZON hotspot, I have not issues.

Yet AT&T and VMware are supposed to be partnered so Business can get done. Bah!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have an iPad Pro on AT&T service. Previously was able to connect with Horizon View to my employer’s remote connection. Now it disconnects as soon as I attempt to log in. If I try while I am using a Verizon hotspot connection on the iPad or use WiFi it works fine. This must be a problem with tunneling or authentication like discussed above. Please AT&T resolve this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

have the same issue using att.  if i use a vpn and then connect, vmware horizon client connects without issue.  I also am able to connect w/o vpn directly after rebooting nighthawk hotspot.  Did anyone from ATT verify if anything is being blocked/filtered for PCoIP and vmwareblast?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Finally got it to work.  Uninstall the app. Reinstall and do not select PCoIP. Select VMware Blast. See if that works. It did for me.

• 

5 Messages

same issue for me. trying to connect to work with VM ware horizon. WILL NOT WORK WITH ATT. Works fine from cable internet, Verison tethered connection, Starbux, etc.

• 

5 Messages

resolved after a couple of calls to support. It is working now. will test over the next couple of days.

• 

5 Messages

this worked for 2 days and then now no longer works. On phone with cust service. They are trying without much in the way of success.

• 

5 Messages

I have no difficulty connecting from SBUX, my home wifi router, my wife's VZ cell phone tethering, etc. Only with ATT is there an issue.

• 

5 Messages

Sometimes it works - sometimes not... ATT support has about a 50% success rate in getting it to work. The fix lasts several days. It takes the tech about an hour to resolve the issue. Currently, it is working fine. This time they set me up with a newer more current access point and so far I am doing fine. We'll see how the future works.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

almost the end of 2020 and AT&T still cannot get this right - I have been having this issue over the past few weeks... I can connect with EVERYTHING else, even super slow WiFi in an RV park... but NOT WITH AT&T :(

Get started...

Ask a new question