Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Gunnersdai

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Sep 10, 2014 7:41 PM

Visual voicemail

My sister says that there is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail so I don't have to pay the extra $40 a month that I CANNOT afford! I do not use the VVM anyway!!!
If someone could please tell me how to do this I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks!!!

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
60 unlimited
40 VVM smartphone
2.99 roadside
8.99 insurance
-9.00 work discount
36.25 equipment (payment plan for 800 phone)
13.35 taxes and other fees
Total of $152.58
So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.
For you being an ATT employee.. you're totally incorrect!
David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE w/ VVM

ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE

ACCESS FOR IPHONE 4G LTE w/ VVM

ACCESS FOR IPHONE 4G LTE

ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE

ACCESS FOR IPHONE

All of these are for PROVISIONING purposes. They appear as the exact same cost on every bill. On the retired DirecTV Unlimited Data plan the line cost is $40....FOR ALL LINES. Regardless of the provisioning. ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE w/ VVM is the required data access for an individual line. The VVM part is simply a different code in the system that allows Visual Voicemail on devices that support it. 

Hey, don't take my word for it. Go ahead an call 611 and have them move you onto the provisioning that does not include visual voicemail. The charge will be $40 on the retired unlimited plan just like any other.  

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge. It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
60 unlimited
40 VVM smartphone
2.99 roadside
8.99 insurance
-9.00 work discount
36.25 equipment (payment plan for 800 phone)
13.35 taxes and other fees
Total of $152.58
So art is a rip off because they are charging $40 for freaking visual voicemail... which is not explained in the beginning of the contract.
For being an ATT employee you are completely wrong...
David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

I'm not sure if you're just trolling here or simply not grasping the concept here. Multiple people in this thread have corrected your incorrect statement. 

The line fee for the retired unlimited plan is $40 no matter how you slice it. Go right ahead and have them change it. In fact I will tell you exactly what to say. "I want to remove Visual Voicemail from this line and I want it put on ACCESS FOR SMARTPHONE 4G LTE"

If it comes up on your bill with a line fee that is not $40 please share with us this different line fee. Because it will not be $0 or any other dollar amount but $40. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Cor3nelia83   You are on an outdated plan.  You can save by changing to the new unlimited plus plan.  

your employee discount cannot be applied to service on the new plan.  It's still cheaper.   There is a $25 discount for TV service on the unlimited plus plan.

BTW...you are still wrong.  $60 your data plan.   $40 is your line access fee (phone number). for the 2016 unlimited data plan, talk and text.    

All phones, tablets, Mifi and smart watches will have a line access fee, no matter what carrier or plan you use.  

Shared plans list the data plan, then separate line fees.  Gophone and other prepaid are single line charges with data included in the line fee.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

Cor3nelia83 wrote:
There is an additional charge for VVM for At&t. Stop saying there isn't a charge.

There isn't an additional charge, it's included! 

It's like a combo meal w/ onion rings $6.99

The onion rings are not $6.99, the combo meal is. But if the receipt just says combo meal, they don't know if you get rings or fries...

Do you want voicemail that you dial 1 for your voice mail and you work through the prompts or do you want the Visual Voice Mail? They are both the same price, you just have to have the correct one on your account.

It's $60 a month for unlimited then $40 for Smartphone/IPhone Access for VVM. My bill clearly states there is a charge. I pay
60 unlimited
40 VVM smartphone
For being an ATT employee you are completely wrong...

And you look at your plan, it's says it's $100 for one line on that plan. $60+$40 = $100.

You understand when you buy an iPhone and the receipt says:

iPhone 7 Red  $649

That you are NOT paying $649 for the "red", right? You're paying for an iPhone, you just happened to want the red one. 

When you pay $40, you're paying the line fee ($40 of the $100) and the give you fries or onion rings with it for free, but you want VVM...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

It doesn't say $40 for visual voicemail. It says $40 ACCESS WITH VISUAL VOICEMAIL. The access is $40, the voicemail has no affect on it. You can disagree all you want, but when you have them remove visual.voicemail and your price doesn't change maybe you will.finally listen.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
It doesn't say $40 for visual voicemail. It says $40 ACCESS WITH VISUAL VOICEMAIL. The access is $40, the voicemail has no affect on it. You can disagree all you want, but when you have them remove visual.voicemail and your price doesn't change maybe you will.finally listen.

Like COMBO WITH FRIES or COMBO WITH ONION RINGS...

(You're not just paying for the ONION RINGS, you're paying for the WHOLE COMBO!)

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I agree I think I am going T mobile it's $200 a month my bill will be $100 less
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Hollyivie1   Very funny.   T-mobile is not much cheaper than ATT.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Hollyivie1 wrote:
I agree I think I am going T mobile it's $200 a month my bill will be $100 less

So you're paying $300 a month? That would be about 7 lines on the Unlimited plan. (I'm even estimating $55 in taxes, 10 lines w/no taxes are $305).

If you are on less lines, odds are:

• You're on an old AT&T plan and you should compare prices to a newer AT&T plan.
    or
  • You've got something like 3-4 lines and are paying $100-ish for phones on top of that. Which makes your plan about $200 (same as T-Mo). 
    or
  • You've got some services like insurance, towing and other features that T-Mo probably isn't factoring into their prices.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm on a old plan I have 6 lines my payment is $347 $20 of that is installment plan with less than $200 to pay off maybe I will call and compare new prices. T Mobil offered $200 for 6 lines unlimited data and text $220 total. I would like to not have the hassle of switching I hope they can offer something more comparable.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Hollyivie1 wrote:
I'm on a old plan I have 6 lines my payment is $347 $20 of that is installment plan with less than $200 to pay off maybe I will call and compare new prices. T Mobil offered $200 for 6 lines unlimited data and text $220 total. I would like to not have the hassle of switching I hope they can offer something more comparable.

This matches with one of the things I mentioned. You're currently paying too much because you haven't changed plans in a while.

You can get Unlimited Plus for 6 lines for $225 on autopay ($145 for 2 plus $20 per additional line). Unlimited talk/text/data with Canada/Mexico. Includes 10GB of hotspot for your tablet/laptop and HBO. http://att.com/unlimited

Taxes aren't included in my estimate (probably not in T-Mo's price either) so compare the $225 to your current plan and the line (before taxes etc).

AT&T is not going to "match" T-Mo, they don't need to.

Unlimited Plus also includes $25 off DirecTV Now (which starts at $35) so you can check that out for $10 if interested. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.3K Messages

3 years ago

@Hollyivie1 wrote:

@Hollyivie1 You don't really need to call. ATT's unlimited plan prices are on att.com, they will not offer you a lower price. Six lines on unlimited plus would be $225. Six lines on unlimited choice would be $195.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

3 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@Hollyivie1 wrote:

This matches with one of the things I mentioned. You're currently paying too much because you haven't changed plans in a while.

You can get Unlimited Plus for 6 lines for $225 on autopay ($145 for 2 plus $20 per additional line). Unlimited talk/text/data with Canada/Mexico. Includes 10GB of hotspot for your tablet/laptop and HBO. http://att.com/unlimited

Taxes aren't included in my estimate (probably not in T-Mo's price either) so compare the $225 to your current plan and the line (before taxes etc).

AT&T is not going to "match" T-Mo, they don't need to.

Unlimited Plus also includes $25 off DirecTV Now (which starts at $35) so you can check that out for $10 if interested. 

Just to add the Unlimited plus includes a 25 dollar credit off any tv service att offers......

Capture.PNG

Get started...

Ask a new question