Need your talk or text logs?
Gunnersdai's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 7:41 PM

Is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail?

My sister says that there is a way to uninstall/turn off visual voicemail so I don't have to pay the extra $40 a month that I CANNOT afford! I do not use the VVM anyway!!!
If someone could please tell me how to do this I would appreciate it!!!
Thanks!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Gunnersdai 

I apologize for any confusion. The fee you're seeing is a line access fee, and visual voicemail is one of the included features. There is no separate charge for it, and while the visual voicemail can be disabled, it won't reduce the monthly change for that line.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

You're seeing something like this:

Billing Usage AT T.png

Correct?

This is just your line-item, for your entire Smartphone plan, and is telling you that Visual Voicemail is included, as part of the plan, it's all rolled-up.

You're not being charged anything extra for VVM, it's part of the plan, just like all of the MSV plans.

Hope this clears things up, you don't need to be turning off any phones or similar, due to extra VVM charges...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@stackwontflow Yes, you can choose to not have visual voicemail but it will not change your bill. You do not pay for visual voicemail, it is included free.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@r66r66

@r66r66 wrote:

So is this a fee for each iPhone line? Do additional iPhones on a Family plan incur this charge as well? Do Androids not incur this carge?

Every device on every carrier.  Prepaid is inclusive data and line fee is one charge.  Postpaid plans are ala carte, separate charge for data, line fee, installments, etc.  All devices, not just smartphones.  Tablets, basic phones, mobile hot spots and smart watches.  At the bottom of my bill is a tablet line charge, which is different amount.

EEFDF5B5-2661-4C0A-9BC5-5E2D80175491.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

We do have a family

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes mobile share plan. On bill shows $40 charge next to visual voicemail. So im

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

So $40

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Charge for VVM plus monthly charge for data also??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How do I block a number from leaving a voicemail in Visual Voicemail?  I've blocked a number, in that it doesn't ring my phone, but I can see that it called, and I am not able to block the number from leaving a voicemail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

too just realized that ,on my bill. there IS a $40 charge for visual voicemail feature.. I never call into the center so....Mobile share value 15gb with rollover data plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.