AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
P

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Sep 28, 2020 3:28 PM

Using Package Disabler Pro

I installed Package Disabler Pro to help with privacy issues.  Usually when I search the app with "phone"  I will get all my phone apps in the result.  I simply disable all of them and then reset my phone.  When my phone turns on the signal bars on the top right corner have turned into a circle with a diagonal line through it.  If I then turn off my mobile data my phone is now secure from all communications, or so I thought.  I did this last night and then when I woke up I had received a text message.  Does this mean that my phone wasn't truly disabled?

Responses

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

A screenshot of the apps I disable

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.2K Messages

a month ago

Obviously not. To totally disable your phone from any communication, just put the phone in airplane mode and turn WiFi off. No need to go through any of that app business.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

20 days ago

I understand what you've said here but that still doesn't answer the question.  I will reword my initial inquiry.

If the phone and text message app are one and the same then when I disable my phone apps and all my internet connections why do text messages continue to get through?  Must this mean that the phone is still connected although I cannot make calls or might there be something else that I should disable?

Get started...

Ask a new question