Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
cppo215's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jul 3, 2017 12:51 AM

Unlocked Google Pixel XL and Enhanced LTE

This hasn't been asked for a while, so I figured I would check and see if there is any word on when Enhanced LTE (HD Voice) will be activated for the Pixel XL?  I would really like to purchase an Gear S3 Frontier, but I found out that Numbersync won't work without HD Voice.  Anyone hear of any updates?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

No change... ☹️  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

I figured that out today when I actually bought the S3 Gear Frontier, and then it would connect to Numbersync. At least they didn’t charge the $45 restocking fee. Any word if a change is coming? I am NOT buying a Samsung phone!
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

4 y ago

It's not going to change anytime soon.
David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 y ago

Only way to ensure you'll get VOLTE is to buy an AT&T branded phone.

I have heard zero discussion or whispers about this changing anytime soon. So the expectation should be VOLTE and those services will only work with branded phones.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

ATT figures these features are a big enough draw to get customers to buy their phones.  

They may be correct.  Or it may be driving customers to T-mobile and Verizon.

BillAnt

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

4 y ago

It's probably more of the later, except for the tech-savvies who can flash a special CSC in order to force those features on. 😉

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

@BillAnt   If that were possible, but it’s not.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

4 y ago

@BillAnt wrote:

It's probably more of the later, except for the tech-savvies who can flash a special CSC in order to force those features on. 😉

Not possible with the pixel series...  Yeah you can do that with a samsung device that matches one ATT sells.  But not the pixel.  The code is are there for it to work on the pixel but the phone is blocked by IMEI range.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 y ago

Can you flash the CSC to an LG G6+ or LG v30+, neither of which AT&T sells, but which seem to be identical inside to the non-plus models that AT&T does sell.  (identical other than the G6+ having a quad-DAC and more memory, and the V30+ having more memory, with both having more LTE bands available)

Possibly hijacking the thread... with the V30+ having a slew of bands hidden in Engineer Mode, does it have the proper antennae to make use of these bands?  I've read reviews of other phones having extra bands but no antenna support

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.