Need your talk or text logs?
Kuzzie1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 1:16 AM

Unlimited Plus Plan - 22GB of data plus 10GB of hotspot

Does this mean you get 22GB of high-speed data per line AND 10GB of high-speed hotspot for a grand total of 32GB of high-speed internet data PER LINE??  Or does the 10GB of high-speed hotspot count towards your overall total of 22GB of high-speed data??

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Each line has 22 gigs of full speed data.   So 5 lines x 22 gigs, total = 110 gigs.  

Included in the 22 gigs you can use up to 10 of it to tether.

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

(BTW, didn’t this thread cover this already?)

Guru

• 

483 Messages

6 years ago

It did but I don’t get why the reps are not trained on this. (Well I do because it’s the same ar Verizon, Comcast, etc.) I guess my question should have been if anyone had personal experience where they went over 22GB and had a problem with slower speeds. 

If if I get 22GB per line then shouldn’t I get 132gb (6 x 22) as my mobile hot spot should get 22GB as well?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@wjereb wrote:

It did but I don’t get why the reps are not trained on this. (Well I do because it’s the same ar Verizon, Comcast, etc.) I guess my question should have been if anyone had personal experience where they went over 22GB and had a problem with slower speeds. 

@wjereb

My account used 275gb of data between 6 lines...  My 16 year old daughter used the most at 67gb and only slowed down once and that tower is always congested because of its location.  She was using it on the way to football games so she was handing off to lots of towers.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@wjereb wrote:

If if I get 22GB per line then shouldn’t I get 132gb (6 x 22) as my mobile hot spot should get 22GB as well?

You get unlimited per line.

Per line it's 22GB and you might slow down. It seems like it's a small portion that this significantly affects.

Some people use over 1,000GB and don't notice much in terms of slowdowns.

It all depends on the congestion on the towers that you're using. Up north on vacation I got faster speeds when over 22GB than I do in the city under 22GB. And I'm not even sure how much I get deprioitized in the city, it's insignificant.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have 3 phones and a netgear Unite Pro portable hotspot that I use for home internet service.  I'm in a rural area and its the only real option.  From reading through this, I'm getting the impression that the netgear has access to the full 22 gb without being subject to the 10 GB hotspot speed drop.  Can someone verify this?  I've gotten conflicting info from ATT. 

Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Dspeelj wrote:

I have 3 phones and a netgear Unite Pro portable hotspot that I use for home internet service.  I'm in a rural area and its the only real option.  From reading through this, I'm getting the impression that the netgear has access to the full 22 gb without being subject to the 10 GB hotspot speed drop.  Can someone verify this?  I've gotten conflicting info from ATT. 

Thanks

That is correct.  A dedicated mobile hotspot has full speed data and is reprioritized at 22 gigs, just like phones. 

Several of the benefits to the unlimited plans, including ability to add a hotspot, are going away in early December.   

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much for the info.  If I add the plan now, that benefit won't go away, I just wouldn't be able to do it after December, right?

Guru

• 

483 Messages

6 years ago

What other benefits are going away in December? And will they be grandfathered?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@wjereb  

Rumor is the free HBO offer and $25 discount for TV service.   They would be grandfathered.  

History says, once grandfathered, you have to watch those perks like a hawk as they can accidently be removed.   For example, don’t add a line for a New hotspot.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@wjereb

Rumor is the free HBO offer and $25 discount for TV service.   They would be grandfathered.  

History says, once grandfathered, you have to watch those perks like a hawk as they can accidently be removed.   For example, don’t add a line for a New hotspot.

I read the $25 is dropping to $15 on the 12th of NOV. 

I've heard a few mixed things on the HBO.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.