Need your talk or text logs?
bovverwonder's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 14th, 2017 12:49 AM

Unlimited Plus Data Speed

I grandfathered the old unlimited data plan and I currently cannot add additional lines to my plan so I would have to switch to a new plan. My concern is the data speeds of the Unlimited Plus and Choice. The Choice plan indicates the max speed of 3Mbps but under Unlimited Plus it only says "Our fastest speeds" which is suspicious. So I went ahead and chatted with ATT customer serviced and I was told that the Unlimited Plus download/upload speeds are 5-12Mbps and 3-10Mbps relatively. I did a Speedtest app on my grandfathered data plan and I'm getting 60Mbps download and 18Mbps upload speeds! What a HUUUUUGE difference! My brother currently has the Unlimited Choice plan and his speeds are about 3Mbps download/upload.....Pretty weak if you ask me! So I guess my question is, does anyone have the Unlimited Plus data and use the Speedtest app to measure the actual data speed? I'm curious if it's somewhere around 5-12Mbps as I was told. Thanks in advance!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@GiovanniG  We’ve said before, something is wrong.  After using up the 22 gigs and in a busy location that wouldn’t surprise me.  But those are no Plus speeds.  

You can put in a complaint by message here @ATTCares

Or call and ask for Advanced tech support.  Don’t go through the phone tree, just say “tech support” till you get them.  Never takes me more than 5 minutes. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

You know, one other thing I wasted time on and looking into is the claim of getting HBO for Unlimifed Choice and Plus customers. It clearly says free if DirectTV subscriber, which for them I read even more disrurbing details of them actually getting locked out of their HBO subscriptions if they already had with their service, but it also says if a $20 AT&T video service had some other supposed benefit, but finally even if you have no service of DirectTV or video, you will still have access to HBO via DirectTV NOW and HBO NOW apps. Well, in doing it all and getting my access id and it even saying my mobile number qualified as you also have to have 2 months billed service with these plans, it still said no access without subscription.  BUT.... you see, HERE IS THE KICKER... I had NO IDEA until further researching why, which turned up that AT&T BOUGHT DIRECT TV, which made a whole lot of sense to me then when I can’t even try them to stop with the join AT&T U-Verse and get this ‘supposed’ deal or some other deal as they are crackheadish with the marketing sent out! Showing no humility for seemingly begging and poor execution from a businsss standpoint from my window of these eyes! 

So, yet again, it’s time after time they publically and magnificently display their incompetence and carefree attitude to truly put the customer and customers needs first, as maybe they should hold back on fhe millions given a certain political foundation being questioned relentlessly recently for their shady dealings as it puts them right in there with them. Let alone their Department of Justice deal giving me the reason from my overages on data and wrongful calculation from the same system who charged me overages to correctly add my Roll over data on months when I previously had a plan as such. 

Finally, I am curious if anyone has ever threatened to leave and after a rep, then supervisor, & still absolutely nothing done and seemingly just rubbed your face in it, told you to contact their Customer Loyalty Department who salvages customers looking to leave? And finally, has anyone ever used Patriot Mobile? As I am seriously on edge and contemplating. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@chrisross wrote:

BUT.... you see, HERE IS THE KICKER... I had NO IDEA until further researching why, which turned up that AT&T BOUGHT DIRECT TV

It's not a secret that DirecTV is part of AT&T. I understand this may be a surprise to you but it's pretty much all over the place. Free offers at AT&T sometimes require DirecTV as part of the requirement.

The AT&T logo is literally incorporated into the DirecTV Now logo (it's the O) and that AT&T Logo is on the DirecTV.com page. 

That said, you should be able to signup for the free week trial of DirecTV Now (and then cancel it?) and tack the HBO into that account and have it be free. See https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus-v2.html

has anyone ever used Patriot Mobile?

Never even heard of it...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@chrisross Patriot mobile is just one of many MVNO’s. An MVNO or mobile virtual network operator, in case you didn’t know, does not own or operate their own mobile network, they resell service on someone else’s network. Patriot mobile uses Sprint and Verizon.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 thank you for this, but I have already done exactly as explained as I found the link on my own. And exactly as I stated, the mobile verify accepted my number. Once I went to obtain Direct TV account, that was successful. Once using the app, and trying the service, everything said subscription package required, as have others I read about dealing with it days, time I refuse to spend any longer with this horrible company. And reseller or not, Patriot still generates their own revenue stream and if nothing else I know the company I give my money to isn’t doing things like this and certainly not giving millions to a crooked political front which has evil all over their hands. And that is not even the point here, as it’s time after time how they treat us.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Data speeds are not guaranteed. It is what it is. Unlimited Data became available for all users so in congested areas there is going to be a huge uptick in users on the towers users resources.

Speeds are what they are. Mobile data speeds are always going to fluctuate and are going to be slower during peak hours, prime time, in densely populated areas, etc.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Oh I know it is what it is, but it’s the incompetence of your employees which leave out details or flat out lie when asked different questions about a suggested plan change when calling in about issues. And to be clear I was an employee in 1998 when this account was established, being actually, one of my main issues in them knowing I have a general idea what can and can’t be done and I’m tired of it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been using the unlimited plus plan for about 3 months now. Before 22GB, I got about 60 Mbps Download and 20 Mbps Upload. After 22GB, It consistently above 30 Mbps for Download and 3 - 5 Mbps for Upload.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.