Cyber Monday Deals: Get the Samsung Galaxy S21 FREE with no trade-in required!
Check Your Usage History
bovverwonder's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, May 14, 2017 12:49 AM

Unlimited Plus Data Speed

I grandfathered the old unlimited data plan and I currently cannot add additional lines to my plan so I would have to switch to a new plan. My concern is the data speeds of the Unlimited Plus and Choice. The Choice plan indicates the max speed of 3Mbps but under Unlimited Plus it only says "Our fastest speeds" which is suspicious. So I went ahead and chatted with ATT customer serviced and I was told that the Unlimited Plus download/upload speeds are 5-12Mbps and 3-10Mbps relatively. I did a Speedtest app on my grandfathered data plan and I'm getting 60Mbps download and 18Mbps upload speeds! What a HUUUUUGE difference! My brother currently has the Unlimited Choice plan and his speeds are about 3Mbps download/upload.....Pretty weak if you ask me! So I guess my question is, does anyone have the Unlimited Plus data and use the Speedtest app to measure the actual data speed? I'm curious if it's somewhere around 5-12Mbps as I was told. Thanks in advance!

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

4 y ago

I am also on the previous, now Grandfathered, mobile share value plan.   The currently offered plans showing in that screenshot have no overage charges. You can choose a metered plan, all include use of your hotspot. If you are using more than  16 GB a month unlimited plus is a better deal it includes 10 GB of  hotspot use, which may not be enough.

The single line unlimited plus is $90 just for service after auto pay and paperless discount.  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

Well I am certainly greatly appreciative towards all your help & ‘anger diminishing’ kind words of encouragement. I will absolutely look at it, & again greatly appreciate your understanding & acceptance of my apologies as I am never the unruly guy, as I am always calm and never blow my top. But, on the rare occasion it occurs, there are clear, concise and just reasons no one could argue simply because I am never that guy. But over a 20 year period of which all I’ve described has occurred, blown top happened a ways back. Lol. I thank you once again and will absolutely check into it. If I do decide to stay and change, you may want to contact someone at AT&T about putting you on retainer as I went through the lengthy tedious task of going up the chain of command and absolutely no one could help me or ‘make major changes’ that in the last voice I had was a AVP, who routed me to some department meant for customers leaving, & to work something out to save them. And I know I squeezed them as hard as possible being as how I was in corporate when an employee, not a store or sales, so they knew I had an idea of the ropes and what could or couldn’t be looked at as even a possibility. So me saying this should be accepted, no doubt, as a compliment to you, & by simply being informed, and not hiding any details is all any one of us ask. It’s not that we wouldn’t pay or want something for free, we just want the truth and no surprises when we depend on something and a service so much for our livelihoods.

Thank you again... And again, that’s IF I decide to stay & find an acceptable plan! 😉🤪😜

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

@sandblaster Thank you so much for your reply. I think your question, & mine too, were answered following your reply. But, as I do sincerely mean, especially giving what I’ve described, you and @lizdance40 have both been extremely patient, understanding, & helpful, as I am one who does not let characteristics of that level go unnoticed, while absolutely paying even more close attention to them & who I am confide, especially given the world today and lack of newer generations having any skill sets along the line! Thanks again!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

@lizdance40 @sandblaster Also, just so I am not blindsided, as I do plan to fully read and compare, but from your past experience, and/or any previous individuals who may have posted here regarding any similarities, are there any other areas in which either of you can think off hand, which you might suggest I also pay close attention? At least given the information I have regarding my history described here? I trust you both way more than I ever would or do any representative of AT&T as even in asking the exact question as I’ve done before, I’ve been either lied to or simply given information completely wrong in my past confrontations with them.

Again, thank you both so so much and Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, & a very Happy New Year to you both!!!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 y ago

I’ve learned to accept it. I have/had the plus and it’s still slower than it used to be. Sadly, since this, AT&T has deceived me about another hundred times. Getting hard keeping track of them all.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

4 y ago

@chrisross

We understand your mistrust.  The stuff we see posted sometimes makes me wonder what’s going on behind the scenes.  🤪🤡🙀

My advice is read the TOS.  Read the website.  Read all the plan info and FAQ.  As @sandblaster mentioned you don’t get employee discounts on unlimited and have limited hotspot.  That isn’t always made clear.  

Refer to these resources and your My ATT Account first, then ask here if you need to get clarification .  There is a great group of fellow customers here.  

Keep copies of everything (promotions for example).  

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

4 y ago

@GiovanniG wrote:
I’ve learned to accept it. I have/had the plus and it’s still slower than it used to be. Sadly, since this, AT&T has deceived me about another hundred times. Getting hard keeping track of them all.

@GiovanniG

When you say “slow “ how slow compared to before changing plans?   And please note there are 2 unlimited plans, the Choice Plan IS throttled to 3 Mbps and is advertised as a slower speed plan.  The Plus plan is full speed.  

Another possibly is the number of users may have all hopped onto ATT unlimited and the bandwidth isn’t sufficient.  This happened to Verizon and they split their (9 month old) plan into 2 unlimited plans to match ATT.  

As written in earlier posts, if you have the PLUS plan on your bill, and are getting 3 Mbps or less all the time, then please notify ATT as this is an ERROR, not a scam or intentional.  

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 y ago

I have the plus. I’ve contacted basically everyone who works for AT&T. The only reason I haven’t dropped them is simply because I haven’t had the time.

I just ran a speed test and it came back at 2.21 d/ 1.67 u. Not sure how to send a screenshot since I’m replying with my email. Again, I have the plus. It’s been a couple months now and the issue is still not fixed. It’s not the phone because I just upgraded to the new iPhone and I have 3 other lines on the account all slow. It’s not the location because I’m in the major city of Miami and throughout all of South Florida, the speed remains the same. As stated before, everyone I know who has AT&T and hasn’t “upgraded” still runs around 45

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

See, this is my EXACT point! I am so tired of them trying to cut corners and screw over their customers making it seems as if we are getting a better deal! 

Thank you Giovanni you have validated my gut reaction I planned on going to begin. Happy Holidays.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

No I wasn’t saying I am still an employee or expected employee anything. Just that when my account was first created I was at that time, in 1998, an employee. So therefore my customer account number is in that bracket/group of DDAs.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

4 y ago

@GiovanniG  We’ve said before, something is wrong.  After using up the 22 gigs and in a busy location that wouldn’t surprise me.  But those are no Plus speeds.  

You can put in a complaint by message here @ATTCares

Or call and ask for Advanced tech support.  Don’t go through the phone tree, just say “tech support” till you get them.  Never takes me more than 5 minutes. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 y ago

You know, one other thing I wasted time on and looking into is the claim of getting HBO for Unlimifed Choice and Plus customers. It clearly says free if DirectTV subscriber, which for them I read even more disrurbing details of them actually getting locked out of their HBO subscriptions if they already had with their service, but it also says if a $20 AT&T video service had some other supposed benefit, but finally even if you have no service of DirectTV or video, you will still have access to HBO via DirectTV NOW and HBO NOW apps. Well, in doing it all and getting my access id and it even saying my mobile number qualified as you also have to have 2 months billed service with these plans, it still said no access without subscription.  BUT.... you see, HERE IS THE KICKER... I had NO IDEA until further researching why, which turned up that AT&T BOUGHT DIRECT TV, which made a whole lot of sense to me then when I can’t even try them to stop with the join AT&T U-Verse and get this ‘supposed’ deal or some other deal as they are crackheadish with the marketing sent out! Showing no humility for seemingly begging and poor execution from a businsss standpoint from my window of these eyes! 

So, yet again, it’s time after time they publically and magnificently display their incompetence and carefree attitude to truly put the customer and customers needs first, as maybe they should hold back on fhe millions given a certain political foundation being questioned relentlessly recently for their shady dealings as it puts them right in there with them. Let alone their Department of Justice deal giving me the reason from my overages on data and wrongful calculation from the same system who charged me overages to correctly add my Roll over data on months when I previously had a plan as such. 

Finally, I am curious if anyone has ever threatened to leave and after a rep, then supervisor, & still absolutely nothing done and seemingly just rubbed your face in it, told you to contact their Customer Loyalty Department who salvages customers looking to leave? And finally, has anyone ever used Patriot Mobile? As I am seriously on edge and contemplating. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

@chrisross wrote:

BUT.... you see, HERE IS THE KICKER... I had NO IDEA until further researching why, which turned up that AT&T BOUGHT DIRECT TV

It's not a secret that DirecTV is part of AT&T. I understand this may be a surprise to you but it's pretty much all over the place. Free offers at AT&T sometimes require DirecTV as part of the requirement.

The AT&T logo is literally incorporated into the DirecTV Now logo (it's the O) and that AT&T Logo is on the DirecTV.com page. 

That said, you should be able to signup for the free week trial of DirecTV Now (and then cancel it?) and tack the HBO into that account and have it be free. See https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus-v2.html

has anyone ever used Patriot Mobile?

Never even heard of it...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.2K Messages

4 y ago

@chrisross Patriot mobile is just one of many MVNO’s. An MVNO or mobile virtual network operator, in case you didn’t know, does not own or operate their own mobile network, they resell service on someone else’s network. Patriot mobile uses Sprint and Verizon.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.