Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 7:22 PM

Unlimited Data Problems

For whatever reason, and this reason is unknown, you guys seem to think it’s cool to throttle data. Now, this would make sense seeing how if one didn’t have an unlimited data plan, and if one didn’t use wifi that at some point through the month one would experience the world’s slowest possible data... Here’s the fun part. Last time I checked my entire family was on an unlimited high speed data plan. Now why in the ever loving world would you throttle unlimited high speed data? Your unlimited plan calls for unlimited HIGH-SPEED data. And halfway through the month based on whatever you base data usage on. ALL OF OUR UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA IS THROTTLED AND SLOWED DOWN TO THE POINT TO WHERE ITS FREAKING UNUSABLE. And on top of that. You turn around and throttle the mobile hotspot data. So not only are you lying to everyone about your unlimited plan (false advertising), you’re robbing people out of their money. Here’s what I suggest. Quit being cheap and give the people what they pay for. For instance, unlimited high speed data plan = unlimited high speed data service. You see my point? You smell what I’m stepping in? Because if it smells bad then I’m stepping in a pile of your unlimited plan. I prefer to handle this over email or phone so I expect I response. Or you guys can get over yourselves and fix your data-throttling fetish. 

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

a year ago

Att does not and has not throttled data on unlimited plans since 2015.   

On plans named “Unlimited . . . ”  the data is reprioritized after you reach 22 gigs.  This means your data is only slow if the towers are congested.  Many users experience no slow down well into the 100 gig range.  

The terms of your plan were published on the website so you would know this.  It’s also in your customer service summary in your My ATT Account.   From your description it’s working exactly as offered, described and as you agreed to.  

You might want to access your customer service summary in your account, select billing, scroll down, it’s on the left.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

and you sir are a liar
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

You don't know what you're writing about.
All carriers clearly defined when their service is deprioritized or throttled. It's on the website and each plan has a different point at which it deprioritize has or throttles your data.
You do not have to believe me. You can believe the website. Or you can continue to live in ignorance and make ignorant statements like that one.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

a year ago

BTW this is the community, as in CUSTOMERS.  

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

i agree with ya man yeah see nos i dont sed much throttling but they have completely shug off my hotspot usage... unlimited data i guess is onlh for half of it... and a total misrepresentation of whats offered... they act like they are providing some floating wifi access that follows me around... the fact of the matter is it is my fone which is the wifi router that is powered by my UNLIMITED DATA PLAN but they shut off my access to using it so i am reporting this all to the better business bureau as false advertisement and zm starting a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) to deal with this... truth in advertisement... thats what its called and is actually legal binding so when you offer unlimited data you had better start realizing that it pertains to hotspot too... and ya know throttling after 22gb... is still not UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA... its stilm intentionally slowing a service touted as unlimited

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

This is your own fault for not reading what you've purchased. AT&T website very clearly tells you that your phone's hotspot is limited.
The data directly on your phone itself is UNLIMITED.
But the plan that you purchased specifically tells you that your hotspot is throttled. At 10 GB 15 GB or 30 GB depending on which plan you purchased.
This information is available in your online account. Reading is fundamental. 🙄
All major carriers Place some kind of limit on Hotspot data. Your phone is not meant to replace a home internet service.

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans/

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

OMG what is high speed data? exactly I could call 128kbps high speed data. ATT spells out what you get before they MAY change the speeds to a slower amount.

The other thing is UNLIMTED DATA is exactly what you are getting as you pay no OVERAGES period. 1 byte provided by ATT is still unlimited data.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…