For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
GavinOnAniPhone's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 7:31 PM

Unlimited Data Plan and Personal Hotspot possible?

Hello all,

I have been a customer with AT&T for over 10 years now and was pretty disappointed with the conversation I just had with one of their customer service representatives. Since I first purchased an iPhone I have had the unlimited data plan for $30 that was required for purchase at the time. I recognize that since they've done away with unlimited data as an option, I have not gone over the 2GB $25 plan, but I still have opted to pay the extra for unlimited usage in case the day should come that I needed it. 

Today I called the customer service line to inquire about why I was not able to set up a personal hotspot (when I try, my phone tells me to contact AT&T). I was told that I would need to "upgrade" (don't get stuck on the terms) to a 2GB ($25) or 5GB ($50) monthly option in order to use this feature. Something about this seems off to me since I have been carrying forward a plan that AT&T required me to have in the first place, but now it disqualifies me from a feature of the phone - not due to capabilities, mind you.

Does anyone know if there is the ability to combine these two features? Really frustrated with AT&T for making it (seem hopefully) an impossibility.

Appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Flowers123 wrote:
I've encountered this ridiculous rip off too. We have had personal hotspot for years. Now all of a sudden they say it was their mistake)that we had access.

It was a mistake, it's never been available on AT&T Unlimited Plans. I believe when they bought up some smaller carriers, they had some plans with it and let them keep it, but I believe the never offered consumer plans with it.

Regardless, if they want to change the terms of the plan, why can't they? It's like cable TV changing their lineup: If you don't like it, you can leave. 

Are you still in a contract on your phone? or are you on next payments now?

Fortunately I'm an attorney committed to fairness.

And you don't have a copy of your contract??? And you want them to supply it to you, seriously? They could send you any version of a contract and you wouldn't know it...

BTW - When you reply to 3 different posts (out of 150+), but have no names mentioned or material quoted, it's really hard to know who or what you are replying to...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had $60 plan with 8 gb. And i use my iPhone as a hot spot for iPad so my lil guy can watch cartoons in a car. But now it no way to do it because no hot spot anymore on $65 plan. They call it unlimited but it is 22gb and speed slow down. Eventually u can't even see how much data left, so who knows, may speed will slow down just after 20..., or 15..., or even 12gb.
I am very disappointed. It's not fair take a hot spot away. If customer paid $65, what is the problem to let him do with his data what ever he wants to. Because anyway speed will slow down, if it was only iPhone or few hot spot devices. Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Paul1906 wrote:

I had $60 plan with 8 gb. And i use my iPhone as a hot spot for iPad so my lil guy can watch cartoons in a car. But now it no way to do it because no hot spot anymore on $65 plan. They call it unlimited but it is 22gb and speed slow down. Eventually u can't even see how much data left, so who knows, may speed will slow down just after 20..., or 15..., or even 12gb.
I am very disappointed. It's not fair take a hot spot away. If customer paid $65, what is the problem to let him do with his data what ever he wants to. Because anyway speed will slow down, if it was only iPhone or few hot spot devices. Thanks

The $65 plan is unlimited data at 3 Mbps speed.  It is NOT throttled at 22 gigs.  And it does exclude the hotspot.  The only unlimited plan with hotspot is the Plus plan.

For $5 more you should have asked what the catch was.  (Ta da!). 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.