ottensmeyer's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jun 23, 2022 5:24 AM

Troubleshooting WiFi calling

I am unable to activate WiFi calling - I continue to receive the  Provisioning failed, please try again later.  I have confirmed that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is compatible with WiFi calling, the WiFi calling option within Connections is present, I have an active AT&T plan that appears to support WiFi calling, and I have an active WiFi connection with sufficient speed to support the feature.

Can you help?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

4日前

Is the phone running the most current software and the boot splash At&t or Samsung? (not another service provider) 

Galaxy S8  (G950U)
 Galaxy S8+ (G955U)

Must be open market for North America.  

FYI, my open market s9+ did not work with AT&T wifi calling.  It did with Verizon. 

• 

4 Messages

4日前

Thanks formerly

Most recent software (checked that last night), initially shows Samsung, then the AT&T globe and jingle.  G950U, purchased from AT&T in US.

Have followed the setup instructions (turned off mobile data, turned on WiFi, Enhanced LTE is enabled), same result even after rebooting.

Anything else to check?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

4日前

Did you provide a physical address for E911?

• 

4 Messages

4日前

Doesn't let me get that far.  Tried now on 3 different WiFi networks (home, business and hotspot) to see if that made any difference - no dice...

• 

4 Messages

1日前

Contacted tech support, they recommended doing Reset Network Settings.  Still doesn't set up Wi-Fi Calling.  Now instead of going to a Wi-Fi Calling screen with a switch to turn on, tapping Wi-Fi Calling in the Connections page attempts to start WFC, pops up a busy-dialog ("Loading, this may take a few moments..."), fails within 2 seconds, shows the Wi-Fi Calling page with the text "Please try to set up Wi-Fi Calling again later" and generates a notification with the same message.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.