Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 12:30 AM

Text messages on at & t server

How long are text messages saved on the At&t server? Can another carrier access my deleted text messages ?

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

3 weeks ago

texts are not stored unless you have the back up option att uses on android. iPhone is a whole different beast.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

someone said that they could have someone they know pull my text message records. Can this be done? I do have an iPhone on At&t

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

Records, yes, date, time and number - not content.

No, another carrier cannot access.
Can I assume you have switched carriers and no longer have access to your text messages because you have a new phone?

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.3K Messages

3 weeks ago

Texts stay on the server up to 72 hours or until delivered. Text message records or logs are kept for years. The log is the date, time and number only, not the actual text. You can access your text logs yourself online. The last 16 months for postpaid and last 6 months for prepaid.

• 

1 Message

@sandblaster How do we access the messages online?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.3K Messages

• 

3 Messages

I was not able to locate my text messages online. How can this person access and see my text messages? I guess the person can print off my text messages.