Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Need your talk or text logs?
criskrit's profile
criskrit
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

Fri, Oct 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Text messages from Bank of America SafePass

I recently got an AT&T prepaid Go Phone and I am unable to receive Bank of America SafePass text messages on it. I had a T-Mobile prepaid SIM/number before that and it worked fine so i am inclined to blame AT&T for the problem. I didn't port my number, i got a brand new number & SIM from AT&T. Anyone one has the same issue? Any suggestions/ideas? I have the $60 unlimited everything Go Phone plan. thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

criskrit

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

9年前

Just posting an update. What happened is that i was trying to add the new phone as a second number and I had to confirm my intention by receiving a SafePass on the first number! So the reason i never received the SMS was because they were sent to the first number and not the second one.

 

for reference purposes, the process to add a second number is:

1. receive/confirm SafePass code on the first number. This allows the user to add a second number

2. receive/confirm SafePass code on the second number. This activates the number.

 

wingrider01

Expert

 • 

12.2K Messages

9年前


@criskrit wrote:

I recently got an AT&T prepaid Go Phone and I am unable to receive Bank of America SafePass text messages on it. I had a T-Mobile prepaid SIM/number before that and it worked fine so i am inclined to blame AT&T for the problem. I didn't port my number, i got a brand new number & SIM from AT&T. Anyone one has the same issue? Any suggestions/ideas? I have the $60 unlimited everything Go Phone plan. thanks


when you switched from t-mobile what phone did you have there?

criskrit

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

9年前

I didn't change phones, it is still the same phone. I have a Samsung SIII mini.

wingrider01

Expert

 • 

12.2K Messages

9年前


@criskrit wrote:

I didn't change phones, it is still the same phone. I have a Samsung SIII mini.


ok then a really basic question - since you changed your number did you change it at the bank website?

criskrit

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

9年前

haha, yes of course, I add the new number in the corresponding section but never receive the confirmation message.

wingrider01

Expert

 • 

12.2K Messages

9年前


@criskrit wrote:

haha, yes of course, I add the new number in the corresponding section but never receive the confirmation message.


wierd, sms is sms no matter what carrier, they all adhere to the same exact protocol standards set forth by the FCC. You might want to give the bank support a call and see if they have any ideas, do you think they sent a email to the address on file for confirmation of the change? The bank that I do business with does this for every change I make on the accounts. Strange that you never got the confirmation though - assuming that the first trouble shoot was to go back and verify the number:) Try calling the banks support staff.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

 • 

58.8K Messages

9年前

I suspect the bank sends texts via the email gateway which for Att is txt.att.net. Does that work for prepaid? For some reason, I thought that only works for post paid accounts. 

criskrit

Tutor

 • 

5 Messages

9年前

This is actually an explanation that makes sense (from a technical standpoint). I will check with the bank side and see what's happening. From the ATT side, any idea why the email gateway wouldn't work for prepaid? The functionality is there, how difficult can it be to add the prepaid numbers? Or is this a "busines decision" of the sort that tends to make cell phone companies "not very likeable"? 😉

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.