Need your talk or text logs?
L

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 2:28 PM

What happens if one user of the the ATT Unlimited Data Starter plan tether's their phone?

If I use the ATT Unlimited Data Starter plan, what happens if one of the persons on my plan tethers his phone? Specifically:

1. Is there a monthly limit?

2. What happens if he exceeds it?

3. Is there a charge?

4. If speed is ramped down, does it only affect his phone or everyone else on the plan also?

5. If speed is ramped down, is it slowed for only tethering or is it slowed for non-tethered use also?

Thank you for your time and efforts to read and respond.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

The answer to all your questions is n/a. That plan does not support tethering.

• 

5 Messages

sandblaster: Many thanks

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I'm trying to tether my phone to my Ford van. Is this possible? because this is what I need to do to transfer all my apps to my work van

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I have unlimited data, why can't I do this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Thomas_Reardon What exactly are you trying to do? What do you mean by transfer apps to your van? If you have an iPhone and your van supports Apple CarPlay, you enable that by connecting your phone to a USB port in the van. If there is something else you are trying to do, you need to provide more information.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

So the Ford van allows me to Bluetooth and recognizes my contacts but does not recognize any of my apps or even my Google maps which I sort of need. It kind of allows my Google maps however it does not display the map itself. Kind of quirky. It keeps on telling me that if I attach a USB to my phone so it allows it to tether I guess. I've never used the system like this and all it's telling me is it doesn't recognize my device other than Bluetooth and my contacts. So my device is a Motorola g stylus which is an Android and I do have Android auto and it kind of lets attach some stuff but not everything. I reckon I'm just not very good at this stuff LOL

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Do I actually need a separate plan for this? The only reason I'm trying to tether is to use my apps in my work van that's all. Or maybe I'm just not doing this correctly?

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It also is recognizing my device on the screen and asked me if I want to connect to the Moto stylus g but I just can't same to get my maps to pull up or anything else other than my contacts and messenger

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

I don’t believe you can do what you want with an android phone. To my knowledge, Ford vehicles only support iPhones. Just get yourself something to mount your phone on and use google maps on the phone itself. All you can do by connecting your phone is hands free calling and/or play the map voice directions or music through your van.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.