Need your talk or text logs?
SissyCool's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 7th, 2017 2:18 AM

Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

The description for the $65 unlimited data prepaid plan says you cannot use your device as a hotspot, but it doesn't mention tethering.  Is tethering allowed or no?  I would like to be able to tether to my computer at home to use my phone's data and I could get rid of my horrible satellite internet.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

No wifi Hotspot, tethering, Bluetooth sharing, USB tethering or any other sort of sharing.  Sure you could try to get around those restrictions with a few tricks... but that's against your terms of service.  Which could cause you to loose service if caught. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, no tethering or hotspot on that plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Bummer.  Thanks for the info!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks.  😕

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Imagine ATT&T telling you using your headphone jack was against the ToS unless you paid them more money. Double dipping for a feature build into the phone, and for what.. greed? All the plans are already throttled at a certain point, so the only reason is money.  Good thing the blocking of apps is [for the most part] is illegal. Which begs the question: Whats the difference between the Netflix app using 10gb and the using 10gb?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

i just used the $ 85 unlimited plan and i cannot connect either ....why you don't respect your clients 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.