Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 19, 2017 3:59 PM

Stream saver

What is stream saver and how does it work?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

RahInGA

Employee

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Here is some more info:

What is Stream Saver?

Stream Saver allows you to watch more video on your wireless devices while using less data by streaming content that it recognizes as high-definition video at standard-definition quality, similar to DVD (about 480p), so you can enjoy more of what you love on your smartphone or tablet. Multi-Line account owners and members manage Stream Saver settings for their own lines. You can turn Stream Saver off or back on by following the steps below. 

Learn more about Stream Saver.

Main steps

Manage Stream Saver from myAT&T

1. Go to the View usage
  2. Select the Manage my data usage
  3. Follow the prompts to turn Stream Saver Off or On for the device you want to manage.
  4. Wait five minutes and restart the device that was updated.

More info here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1169198

Ruth H.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
JohnnyDoe

Guru

• 

678 Messages

3 years ago

MIUser

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T deception never ceases to amaze me. I just signed up for unlimited streaming, and found that the initial default setting is stream saver "on". What a rip off? Why would I sign up for unlimited data, only to restrict stream speed. It took me 20 minutes to find the "off" buttom buried deep in the settings. Come on, AT&T!