For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
garak0410's profile

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 6:01 PM

SPAM Text???

I think I received my very first "SPAM TEXT." It says...

U REQUESDTED DAILY INSPIRATIONAL TEXTS. SUB SERVICE IS 9.95 A MONTH = MSG&DATA RATES MAY APPLY. REPLY STOP TO CANCEL REPLY HELP FOR HELP. ENTER ON WEB: 8524

I did not request this but I also don't want to do the STOP, HELP or WEB site...how do I make sure I am not going to be charged either way on this?

Thanks!
Brian

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

As said in the message, you can reply STOP to cancel the suscription. If you want to be completely sure that it was removed you can always call Customer Service, there they can assist you to remove it.

Remember that those are monthly suscriptions so if you don't remove it you will be charged every month until you do it.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

13 years ago

I just wanted to make sure that sending STOP wasn't a trojan horse as well...

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

No, usually that's the way to cancel those type of suscriptions directly from your phone.

Again, if you want to be sure that you will have it cancelled without problems you can call Customer Service at 800 331-0500 or dialing 611 from your wireless phone.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I too have been receiving the spam text.  I have been forwarding them to the 7726 number.  However it was my understanding that I would not be charged for the unwanted emails once I forwarded them.  Can you clarify this for me? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.