For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Charles Junior's profile

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

Sunday, August 9th, 2015 11:01 AM

SMS Text Not Received

Hello! After reviewing the ‘Text and Data’ field from ‘Account Overview’ it showed a ‘SMS Text’ message was sent to the mobile device on 08/08/15 at approximately 2:00pm. But the inbox on the mobile device never received a ‘SMS Text’. The last ‘SMS Text’ received was on 08/05/15 at approximately 10:00am. The sender’s address from both ‘SMS Text’ messages uses the same address. Why wouldn’t the ‘SMS Text’ message be received in the mobile device ‘Inbox’? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

SMS is an interesting service. It uses "spare bandwidth" in the cellular control channels.  If the cellular circuits are fully using their capacity, then SMS is deferred and potentially dropped. SMS is not guaranteed to be delivered, so if there are delays or even no delivery at all, that is designed into the protocol.  Many people don't want to hear that, but that is the factor how it is.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Charles Junior

It could possibly be a delay in the billing system that this text message took so long to show up.

Did you contact the person who the text was from and asked if they indeed texted you at this particular time?

Thanks,

Charise

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

9 years ago

Hello! Never received the ‘SMS’ text message viewed from ‘Billing & Usage - Individual Usage Details’ for the mobile device. Date/Time: 08/08/2015 01:18PM Contact: ******(same) Usage Type: Text/IM. The individual was not contacted. The ‘SMS’ text was not received by the mobile device. This issue has happened only once. Since the system was going through some billing changes around the same time not receiving the ‘SMS’ may have caused the problem. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm not looking at bills or anything. I am directly asking people, "Did you reply to me!!??" "Are you ignoring me?" since part of mine is BUSINESS.. They said they did reply. I am NOT getting a LOT of text messages. I am NOT getting phone calls, only VM left.. Pictures are only partially recognizable at times. I am sitting approximately ONE MILE from a tower and this happens. I can see at my home, but not in town. One VM came in 3 DAYS later. Yes, I turn off and let it sit and back on. I've tried about everything short of calling because I get so mad when I talk to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.