For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Daniellerae's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 12:29 AM

Does the AT&T Secure Family app have the same features as Smart limits?

I saw that smart limits will no longer be available soon and it will be replaced with a new app? Will that app have the same features such as call blocking and monitoring texts and calls? 

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

There is no substitute for having controls through the signal carrier’s system as smart limits did versus this “companion app” strategy. Classic outsourcing debacle.   If anyone discovers a carrier who has a better parental control system (I hear Verizon does) please advise.

Also looking for a way to actually give AT&T honest feedback before I change carriers, but don’t think it exists.

If you actually want a laugh over this, read the “companion app” reviews on the App Store site as all were written by 12 year olds complaining about invasion of privacy...

Teacher

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes-bring it back!  Monitoring texts and calls on the devices we pay for is key ensuring our children are safe!!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks AT&T for some really crappy products.  Take away something useful, charge more and then try to tell us how great the replacement is.  The features in Smart Limits were great, easy to use.  AT&T Secure is a joke any kid will just uninstall the app and boom no monitoring.

Yes please let us know if Verizon has a better one.  Between 3 screw ups on my bill (after being told it would all be fixed), and now this mess I am ready to CANCEL.

[word filter avoidance]

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

It funny how no reps from ATT will respond. They know this new app is a bunch of GARBAGE and a money grab. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I agree completely!  Need to be able to control calls at the account level, not require an app on a particular phone.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How is this a solution?  

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

ANNNNND we pay more this POOPOO LOL

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

This app does not work with all phones especially flip phone. I can’t call block since you took away smart limits please reinstate. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

All phones can’t download the app & smart limits worked . Kids can delete app, turn off gps or phone & it do t work 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

The new app is not a solution it does not work with all phones 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.