Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need your talk or text logs?
vivala's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 24th, 2014 3:20 PM

Smart Limits - Blocking Contact

Does the Smart Limits Block Numbers feature apply to email addresses? Someone is texting my daughter through iMessages, but they are using their email address and not their phone number. My question is, can I block this contact if it isn't a phone number?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @vivala 

And with this questions, unfortunately the answer is also no. AT&T doesn't have any access or control over Apple's iMessage system. However, you can turn off iMessage and prevent them from turning it back on. Go to Settings - Messaging and turn iMessage off, then go to General - Restrictions - Create a passcode (only for you to know of course) and scroll down until you see an option to disallow any changes to accounts, it'll prevent it from being turned back on. While you in there, you might want to disable app downloads, as there are many other messaging apps, and check on your daugter's email set up to be safe. Also, look over her apps to see what other messaging apps may be already installed.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.