Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
H

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 2:33 AM

Setting up hotspot on Motorola

Tried to set up hotspot on 2nd phone and keep getting a message that says ATT cannot connect.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

8 months ago

What plan are you using?
Does that plan allow hotspot, or have you added funds to pay for a hotspot add-on?

There are several Motorola phones which for whatever reason cannot set up their hotspot on AT&T prepaid. Since it seems to only be Motorola phones I assume the defect is strictly within the phone, not AT&T.
You would have to call AT&T and speak with tech support to do some troubleshooting to see if they can get it working for you.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Called ATT this morning. Motorola phone is provisioned correctly and should have hotspot capability. They are going to troubleshoot it.

Get started...

Ask a new question