Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
A

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 3:13 PM

Sending Individual Text Messaging Issues

I don't know if this is a phone problem or an AT&T problem but I cannot send text messages to anyone individually. Every time I try to send a message to a friend individually, it would always say "failed to send message."

I can receive messages just fine individually and in group. I can also send messages as normal in group chat. The only issue is sending messages to anyone individually that's not working.

I have restarted my phone a billion times, cleared cache, force stopped the default messaging app, add +1 or removed it at the front of the contacts. The contacts are not blocked on either end. Everything I tried doesn't fix my issue and I do not know what to do.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 and the app is the regular default Messages

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Nevermind, I fixed the issue. My message center number was incorrect and I refreshed the SMSC.

For those that can receive messages just fine but can't send messages, the AT&T Message Center number is 13123149810. To input this number go to your default messages app > press the 3 dots on the top right > more settings > text messages > message center.

To refresh and update the smsc, type *#*#4636#*#* in the dial pad. Scroll down and press refresh. I input the same number 13123149810 in the box. Refresh and update. (Idk if this stepped helped but i did all of this)

Hope this helps anyone that's experiencing the same issues.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.