Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need your talk or text logs?
M

• 

1 Message

Thu, Feb 4, 2021 5:40 PM

Scam: "AT&T Free Msg: You came in ... in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES"

I received a text that says "AT&T Free Msg: Makenzie! You came in 2nd in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES! Claim your bounty here : (website link), or show this code at AT&T story (code)"

I do not live in Connecticut so I assume this is a scam but just to be sure.

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Text says I came in 3rd place and have won an iPad Pro.  Is this a scam?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled At&t Connecticut at&t contest
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

Yes. Delete and don't respond.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

I got the same one a couple of times. How is it that AT&T can’t stop scams that have to do with their own service on their service lines?! 🙄

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

2 y مضت

Those behind the scams are usually in a foreign country.

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

You came in 2nd in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTATES. Claim your prize here: r4fzc.info/Xa8QL1Dqfw or show this code at AT&T store 1z43944

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Definitely a scam I got the same but 3rd place and at&t push msgs are usually  6-8 #’s example 611 is phone repair. Then they ask for a card # a total red flag and scam!!! 

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Total scam I got this as well but stated I came in 3rd place. Also when att send push messages they usually use 4-6 numbered messages, example 411 is phone repair. Then last they ask for a card number that’s the biggest red flag anything that’s a “give away” is supposed to be completely free? Good luck don’t fall for it please stay away! 

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I just received the same text!!!How do we report it to AT&T?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

2 y مضت

@CarleenaM Never respond to messages like this because it is a total scam. @JeffinerdSki  There is a number you can report it to but it probably won't do any good. This scam is hitting all kinds of providers so it's very difficult to stop because the source is a moving target.

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

I got this text message 

AT&T Free Msg: Raven! You came 3rd in the Connecticut SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the prize here: s5fxc.info/QgfE4wzc9y or show this code at AT&T store 1z44586

I did not click the link, and I do not have at&t. I just wanted you to be aware of this message. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Scam?
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

That is a very common scam going around now. Just delete and don't respond or click on any links.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Is this a SCAM??? I received this message from 1(803)298-9473:

At&t Free Msg: You came in 1st in the Connecticut REWARDS! Claim the iPad Pro here: (xxxxxxxxxx) or show this code at AT&T store (xxxxxxxx)

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled At&t Free Msg: Reward
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

Yes, this is still a scam.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

Numerous posts on the same subject.

It's weird being the same age as old people.  😊

• 

3 Messages

2 y مضت

I just got this 

AT&T Free Msg: Joshua! You came 2nd in the Connecticut SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the iPhone12 here: s7fbv.info/dz2XeCxBY or show this code at AT&T store 1z27525

• 

3 Messages

2 y مضت

I just got this

AT&T Free Msg: Joshua! You came 2nd in the Connecticut SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the iPhone12 here: s7fbv.info/dz2XeCxBY or show this code at AT&T store 1z27525

• 

1 Message

1 عام مضت

I guess they are trying a new one.  I just received a text from (501) 646-6645

ATT Free Msg: Congrats to 2 lucky users! Today's winners of our daily draw are: Ethan Perez and you, Maurene! Claim now: [link]

Crazy part is there are so many red flags in this message:

1. ATT Free Msg: INSTEAD of  AT&T Free Msg:
  2. Daily draw?
  3. Sending me another name

They tried it! 

• 

3 Messages

1 عام مضت

my newest attempt came in fro +14698050966

• 

3 Messages

1 عام مضت

ATT is giving you 200 dollars as a thank you for your business but you must claim it by today 8sbd.info/6Fhz45l9Yx

Came from +12818706484

Got this too 

ATT UPDATE

ID# 00492

Your refund process was unsuccessful. we overcharged you for $187.84, the last 9 months. Please Claim full refund: cmxnpg5.xdgg8.xyz/filP 

From +15625471169

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.