Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need your talk or text logs?
M

• 

1 Message

Thu, Feb 4, 2021 5:40 PM

Scam: "AT&T Free Msg: You came in ... in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES"

I received a text that says "AT&T Free Msg: Makenzie! You came in 2nd in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES! Claim your bounty here : (website link), or show this code at AT&T story (code)"

I do not live in Connecticut so I assume this is a scam but just to be sure.

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Received a text message from 1(469)543-5832 stating: "AT&T Free Msg: (name left out for privacy purposes)! You came in 1st in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the prize here: (link, left out as well), or show this code at AT&T store (left code out, as well)."

I did not put the specifics for the name or the link or the code that was in the message for privacy purposes, but 1) the name that I got a text for is not mine, 2) I am not a Connecticut resident, and 3) just checking to see if this is legit, not for my own sake but for the person this message should have been for, if actually real. Looking for feedback or advice since I will not click on the link in the text for fear of a virus. Thanks!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled AT&T Sweepstakes
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

Fifth post on this I've seen in two days.  It's just a scam.  You could forward it to 7726

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

There are other posts asking about the same "sweepstakes".....Connecticut (and they don't even live in Connecticut),  free iPhone12 or free iPad, just need to pay $1-$2 shipping, yada yada, yada.

It's a scam that is apparently making the rounds.

It's weird being the same age as old people.  😊

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

2 y مضت

You know there are multiple posts when the mods start corralling them into one thread!

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

My first clue that it is a scam was that the text is addressed to "Andrew." My name is "Molly." I figured AT&T would know who I am. Side note: I kept getting texts to "Andrew" a few months ago about potential buyers lining up to purchase some land "I" have in Missouri. I have no land in Missouri, and I'm still not Andrew. Once I responded to a text accepting one of their offers, I stopped getting the messages. 

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

i too got one said i came in 1st.  AT&T says forward suspicious text to 7726 

SMiShing and Other Texting Scams - Wireless Support (att.com)

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

I received this text

AT&T : KIMBERLY! You came 2nd in the Connecticut AT&T REWARDS! Claim your iPhone12 here: q5fmv.info/NvYtyXs7u5, or show this code at AT&T store 1z71331

Is this a scam

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Scam?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

Yes, it’s a scam. I got that text too, apparently many are.

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

SCAM!!! I live in MS! First tip off! Don’t click the link!!

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I came in 3rd as Holly, 2nd as Joe, then finally 1st as myself, Mercedes.   

Far from Connecticut 🤣.

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

I got a text from art free message, saying I came in 3rd in a Connecticut att contest and won an iPad, it also gives me a link to log in and a code to take to an Att store, is this real?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Scam or not
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

It’s a scam.

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

AT&T : THOMAS! You came 1st in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the iPhone12 here: q5fmv.info/NvYtyX97Po, or show this code at AT&T store 1z22994

Got this last night. Glad I won, just hope I don’t have to drive to from Wisconsin to Connecticut to claim it. Gas, tolls, lodging and food would be more than the IPhone is worth. Stupid Russian hackers

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

Congratulations Thomas! I am envious, I got 2nd along many others.

My clues that this is a scam are that the message referenced me by my first name (none of the legitimate messages has my name) and second I did not get the usual nice Blue Globe AT&T logo that I get with my legitimate AT&T Free Msgs (the source of messages is in my contacts)

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Text says I came in second in conn. Contest  it says to follow the link or take it to att store. Thought it was scam for sure but then said you can take it to the store. Is this real

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Connecticut AT&T contest

• 

2 Messages

Its 100% fake. A scam. I got it too. Don't click the link or your phone will be at risk. 

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Connecticut sweepstakes message came through figure it was a scam but it’s clearly says AT&T just want to warn. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Scam text received
kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

It has been reported numerously on this forum for the past few days. I think almost everyone has gotten it. I got it, too.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

• 

3 Messages

2 y مضت

Bummer, I only came in in 3rd place.  All they want to give me is a new iPad.  🤣

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

I got this message from “AT&T” saying “AT&T Free Msg: Marissa! You came 2nd in the Connecticut AT&T SWEEPSTAKES! Claim the iPhone12 here: r2fxv.info/Z7IIBrrSeQ, or show this code at AT&T store 1z44432” (edited as per community guidelines) it’s a scam it has to be 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Scam

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

2 y مضت

I didn't get the text.  I can't decide if I should be relieved or offended.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.