For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
M

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, March 20th, 2021 3:29 PM

Samsung mobile app-iPolis with AT&T 5G network

I move my cellphone plan to AT&T 5G plan. Somehow Samsung surveillance camera's mobile APP-iPolis is not able to access all cameras properly under AT&T 5G data network. The iPolis is able to access all cameras thru WiFi network connections, but not AT&T 5G data network. I put AT&T 5G SIM card into my previous iPhone(6SPlus/7 Plus & XR, only support 4G LTE network) and they are able to access all live cameras with iPolis APP. That means the internet network under 4G LTE data has no issue. The root cause is not iPhone 12/Samsung S21(5G cellphones) nor mobile app-iPolis. It should be AT&T's 5G data network settings. I hope AT&T technical department may look into this issue and fix it as soon as possible. Because it is very important for all customers whomever use Surveillance app access their cameras.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Read the app info.

It was tested on older Galaxy devices S4, S5, S6, S7 series, Note 4 and Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2 series.

What iphone were you using before?   

If you read the comments in the Google Play Store there are several recent comments that the application has not been updated, and hasn't worked in months.  

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have tested iPolis on iPhone 12 series & Samsung S21 those 5G phones does not work properly. iPhone 6S Plus/7 Plus works no issue since use 4GLTE data network.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Any further updates on this issue?

My iPhone 12 with ATT service just recently changed over to 5G service and I have the same problem.  Samsung iPOLiS will show cameras while on wifi, but will NOT connect while under the 5G cellular.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have reported this issue to AT&T. Somehow they don't have solution yet. They asked me contact AT&T Advanced Tech Support for it. The iPOLis suddenly worked under 5G network connection 1-2 days in end of March in my area. After couple days later, it did NOT work again. It must be AT&T 5G facility settings issue(maybe RTSP port settings in AT&T facilities). If AT&T does not escalate this issue and look into it. I will report to FCC & BBB. Because it works fine with 3G/4G network. How come 5G is faster but not working. I thought AT&T fix something when I was able to see all cameras contents with iPOLis under 5G connection during the period(1-2 days). But it does NOT work anymore until NOW!!!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

After 6 months AT&T still ignores this issue, I test my iPhone 12 Pro max with my colleague's T-mobile SIM card with 5G network. The app-iPOLis works properly with T-mobile 5G network. Unfortunately AT&T tech support/customer service contact me and mentioned the APP company hasn't update the APP for a while and causes this issue. AT&T does not want to isolate their 5G network settings problem and keep telling customer is app software issue is very irresponsible.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So ironic you just replied to this topic.  You previously mentioned that yours DID work for 1-2 days back in March.  Well, mine actually worked 1-2 days too, about a week ago.  I thought they’d updated and fixed the issue.  But then stopped again.  And hasn’t worked since.  

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I test T-mobile SIM card on iPhone 12 & Samsung S21. Both work properly under T-mobile 5G network. But it still does not with AT&T 5G network!!!! Their technician keep mention it's APP software company issue. But why T-mobile no issue?!?!?!

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I just move from T-Mobile to AT&T 5 g. My IPOLiS camera not work with AT&T 5g network. 
work with T-Mobile even Verizon and any Wi-Fi network. 
AT&T should be fix this issue ASAP. 
WE ALL MAKE GROUP AND DISCUSS AND TAKE LEGAL ADVICE AND THEN GO FOR NEXT STEP.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.