m5fan's profile
m5fan
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thu, Jun 12, 2014 6:51 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 texting lags with default app

Smiley HappyI'm new to this, but curious if anyone else has had or is having lag issues when sending texts? I'd say out of 5 I send, 2 go quickly, the others 2-3 minutes. My husband did a complete reset on my phone, it is also updated to the most current software, I just got the SIM card replaced in case, still lags though, this started happening 2 1/2 weeks ago, I've talked to 8 different AT&T people, all towers in my area 100% working strongly, my friends who have AT&T at their provider have no issues with texting, I have done SO many difrerent steps per the reps I've talked to on the phone or online, and now they have filed a case for me. I am at "Tier 1" for support dept., supposed to have this resolved Friday, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

Any info., or tips regarding this issue, I would greatly appreciate them Smiley Happy

Responses

logo412

Guru

• 

450 Messages

7 y ago

Hi m5fan, 

I use an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 5 and both will have delays in the sending of text messages at times sending to both other AT&T devices and other carriers, maybe 20 to 30 seconds at times but not 2 to 3 minutes as you are describing. 

Have you installed any other "texting" apps (Such as Whatsapp, Text+, TextFree, etc)? Have you activated the combined SMS/Hangout Inbox? These could all cause problems with native texting on the device and could be part of your issue. 

Have you ran all the software updates on your Note 3 as well? 

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Yes, I've tried other apps, same issue, all of them lag, also installed the Hangouts, wiped out the phone back to like it was brand new, still lags. And, yes it is updated.

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

One more thing, not sure if it helps, my husband read somewhere Facebook App, because it has the inbox/message with it, that it could possibly cause issues, it's not the seperate Instant Messenger from Facebook, that I don't have installed.

I am at my wits end, having this feature, paying each month for it, and it doesn't work right Smiley Frustrated Tomorrow I'm suppose to hear from someone at AT&T in regards to this. Fingers crossed

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Just got a text today saying my issue was resolved, I called to find out what exactly it was, all they could tell me was it was their end having networking issues, but I still seem to get a bit of lag. So, my case is open for another 2 weeks, the man said call back if I still have the same problem, at this point it seems I will Smiley Mad

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Called back Tech support, after they called yesterday to say it was networking issue it's been resolved, nope! I still have lag issues, the guy is sending me out a new phone, same one as I have, should arrive 2-3 days, fingers crossed this one works w/out any issues!!

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 about 3 months ago, once the latest AT&T update happened, I had nothing but issues w/sending texts, they take up to 2 minutes before they are sent. Went through numerous calls w/them, gave me a case #, a week later it was their issue w/networking. That same day I got the text from them, I was still having issues, problem not solved! Called "Tier One Support", guy reviewed my case, sent me a new Note 3, got it Monday, set it up, same EXACT issue w/texting!! OMG so I get on the phone, go through 2 different people before I get the one who "knows" about my issue, I simply said "I don't want another case for this, I don't want another Note 3 sent out, obviously after 2 of the same exact phone, having the same exact issue, it's something w/the phone itself!"

They tell me the signals in my area are well over 100% working fine, this texting happens no matter where I am, home or outside of the home.

I simply asked for them to "send me a totally different phone", they can not & will not. I'm sorry but I am sick & tired of paying for a service that doesn't work correctly!! I got no credit for my hassle, I wasn't even offered a credit, and when I mentioned cancelling my service all together, they brought up early termination fee, yea I don't think so I refuse to give this company another penny of mine!

I just want a new, totally diffrerent phone, since this texting issue can not be resolved by them you'd think they would work w/me as a customer to provide the best customer service? WRONG!!

I am most likely taking this to a higher level.....DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3, if you do, buyer beware it's got issues AT&T doesn't know how to fix!!!

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello, m5fan!

Thanks for posting. After reviewing your case notes, it appears you're currently working with one of our reps and your issue is still being investigated. We encourage you to continue communicating with your assigned rep to find an acceptable resolution, and we appreciate your patience!

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Mariana-
Yes, he called yesterday, Wesley is his name, he was to call me back today, still waiting on that call, it's already 1:00pm here Pacific Time, if I don't hear by the end of the day, what do you suggest I do? Still very dissatisfied w/how this not being handled.

Thank you!
m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Spoke to a Samsung rep., today for an hour, I have the chat transcript if needed, I was told for my issue with slow texting, on both BRAND NEW devices, Note 3, it must be a carrier issue. I've not heard back from anyone as of today, I'm hoping the rep from AT&T I spoke w/Wednesday, will contact me soon, this needs to be resolved, the sooner the better, pretty crummy to be paying for a service, that is not working correctly!!

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

I was told in a message from an AT&T manager, that a rep would be contacting me w/in 48 hours, that was 2 days ago, it's been over 48 hours , I have NOT RECEIVED A PHONE CALL BACK!! Seems like this part of AT&T is about as lame & so not helpful just like it is talking to them on the phone!!
VERY DISATISFIED!! Do these people not know what customer service is all about??
m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Here we go again, got an email from another rep, telling me the first guy I was dealing with was not in the office, so this guy was handling my case, he noted in my account the approval for a new phone, different make & model, since this would be my third replacement of the same phone. Now, below is the email it's noon my time, my husband made an appointment at 3:30 in walnut creek at the DSC location, our drive is 30-47 minutes, I haven't heard from anyone as to whether or not my case has been approved by DSC. Guess we will take a chance and drive down there, hoping to return with a totally new kind of phone.
Below is the email:

Kelly, I am assigning your case for a call back tomorrow morning with instructions to contact the DSC prior to contacting you and advising if they will do the exchange. I am also noting your account that I am approving the exchange as this is the third exchange for like issue. Someone will reach out to you tomorrow to give the go ahead. Thank you again for your patience.
m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

After wasting 5 hours today nobody will exchange my broken phone. When after being on the phone with AT&T telling me to go back in the company store to do the exchange, still broken phone .
It would be easier to go to Verizon than get the run around from at&t

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

In 2000, I purchased a 1999 Sony Ericsson W300i that doesn't have a MS port. Mention of the port is due to 2 drives (1 w/ access, 1 w/o) being reflected on PC once phone is connected via Sync cable. Cable has (2) prongs on phone end and std USB on PC end.

Last week a letter was received stating W300i would no longer be operable due to AT&T Network changes. Pantech Breeze IV was chosen as upgrade from local AT&T store. W300i contacts can't be exported to Breeze IV. Store rep, online chat rep and myself have exhausted all possibilities of direct and indirect methods with many free software downloads. Windows 7 OS and/or W300i are not compatible with Sony and/or Pantech PC Suites. Also, store rep stated contacts format was not compatible between the phones. Also, the SIM cards are of different size between the phones. FYI access and transfer of audio, image and video files on aforementioned drive w/ access were transferred successfully via W300i to PC to Breeze IV.

AT&T Corporate Values web page reflects focus being customer and community.

Build strong customer relationships” and “Operate with integrity and trust” sections of the website state “ Solve problems and make things easy” and “Do the right thing”.

I'm asking AT&T to do the right thing...expedite resolution of upgrade issues resulting from no fault of the customer. Justification can't be made for the average household to replace home computers and costly software purchases for a “one time use”. Forward thinking by AT&T should have a plan in place for customers with older phones.

Possible resolution? Can it be done?

1. Temporarily reactivate the W300i Smart Chip

2. Temporarily activate internet access to both phones

3. Transfer contacts via internet

m5fan

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

So, I feel as a long time customer, from being Cingular to AT&T, my story needs to be shared, take time to read my issue from the beginning post, so much wasted time for me as a customer, between phone calls, drives in the car out of town, and of course their chat sessions. It will be a huge relief to finally be done with this company, I will be so happy to not pay them another dime, and I will gladly move on to another provider!
I've received numerous emails, this is being the latest, telling me I can not get an iPhone in exchange, ok that's fine, but I did find a phone to my liking, they don't have that, the only ones I was offered, are not acceptable to me, I'm not going to get something I don't want, I was told I my options are pretty much anything. Below is the email I received, after that you will find mine:

Hi, Kelly

The options are pretty much wide open, except the iPhone. And that's because of our contract with Apple, we don't do any warranty replacements for their product. If the phone needs to be replaced, then Apple does it through their system. They're very proprietary that way. But after that, we can do just about anything.
I have dedicated time for call backs between 12 and 1 pm central time and 6 and 7 pm. If that's not a good time for you, I can clear some time throughout the day or arrange for someone to call you tomorrow. (I'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

Let me know what works for you!

~Joe G, social media manager

THIS IS MY LAST EMAIL & now time to rid of AT&T for good:

So, after checking out my options on what you said is available for me, I do see any that I like. Was under the impression you could get me anything other than the iPhone, I want the HTC One, you don't have it, and like I said nothing else appeals to me.

Talked it over with my husband briefly, after all the trouble we've been through recently, wasting 5 hours on Saturday at AT&T cooperate store, they weren't willing to do anything either to make me as a long time customer happy & stay with them, I will be back with Verizon.

Comes down to I was told I can get any replacement I wanted, minus the iPhone, I chose what I wanted, and you were unable to deliver, that's not customer satisfaction.

There will be no need to call me back, my husband & I will be returning this phone, canceling service, early termination fee will not be paid, I've got documents backing up our case, and we are more than willing to take this case higher if needed.

Have a nice day.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 y ago

I read all of your posts and I'm sorry to hear that they gave you so much trouble. I have the Note 3 and its amazing. I have absolutely zero issues with it so its definitely a carrier issue. I can tell you that Sprint is just as bad if not worse when it comes to customer service (just moved) so do NOT go that route. 

Get started...

Ask a new question